There are 205 users in the forums

You gotta admit that 4th quarter was pretty epic once the crowd let Alex have it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I loved it. I don't think I've heard Candlestick get that loud for anything other than The Catch and Catch II before. Maybe it will go down as a turning point for the franchise, maybe it won't. Sure as hell made for great television though.

And I'm talking about the boos. Not the outcome of the game, for those of you too dense to understand.

[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 11, 2010 at 18:07:13 ]
  • 49ERJ
  • Veteran
As long as Smith stays at QB, it changes nothing!
my throat definitely is sore from the 4th quarter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.
You're right... it will be labeled as .. The Bust # 145,897,412,967,585,544 and in the record books it it will look like a big giant " L"
Originally posted by susweel:
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.

It was like Ivan Drago's fans turning on him and then cheering for Rocky.

Too bad Alex didn't pull it out like Rocky did. Maybe Alex needs that scripted also.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Damn near cried for the man then he did that.
it was insane!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

I am too, but I was impressed at how Smith handled it. He didn't get under a rock and hide, though he did need Vernon to help him find his balls and tell Sing to keep him in. Once he got back on the field, he did well overall. He just needs to demonstrate that he can do that consistently, but it might be too late.

I think I have a different definition of "epic"
Originally posted by 49ERJ:
As long as Smith stays at QB, it changes nothing!

I couldn't agree any more... Smith is garbage. Get Tim Rattay from the UFL or CFL, whatever he's in and bring him back. I would rather laugh the whole game at how bad Rattay is, rather than getting my hopes up and being disappointed by Smith.
Kinda sad that it had to come down to a final 4th qtr drive, and fall short to a beat-up visiting team, I don't understand what makes that "epic". lol

so sad.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:27:08 ]
I thought we were gonna have riots at Typhoon when Alex was leading the comeback. And when Goldston broke up the pass on 3rd down.. it was deafening! Too bad we couldnt end it right.

BTW if you ever come to San Diego for whatever reason, come to Typhoon Saloon in Pacific Beach to watch the 49er games. Average about 300 Niner fans each game, even though we haven't won a game.

[ Edited by Multibomber on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:27:00 ]
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
You're right... it will be labeled as .. The Bust # 145,897,412,967,585,544 and in the record books it it will look like a big giant " L"
Share 49ersWebzone