LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jed York texts ESPN...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
WTF the is wrong with this franchise.

Does he not realize we are 0-5, that ZERO WINS AND FIVE LOSSES.

I actually liked Jed for awhile there but he seems to be clueless just like the rest of them.
He is becoming like cavs owner dan gilbert.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
As 49er fans, don't you think we should be compensated if we don't make the playoffs? It's only fair. Jed York, put your money were your mouth is.

I plan on writing/e:mailing a letter to the Yorks and Singletary. I'm sure they won't even read it, but it will make me feel better. I have hit the lowest point ever as a 49ers fan. I really want to be done with them, but that's my heart. I wish I could stop taking these damn loses so seriously. You would think my mother died.
Originally posted by 49erfannindy:
As 49er fans, don't you think we should be compensated if we don't make the playoffs? It's only fair. Jed York, put your money were your mouth is.

I plan on writing/e:mailing a letter to the Yorks and Singletary. I'm sure they won't even read it, but it will make me feel better. I have hit the lowest point ever as a 49ers fan. I really want to be done with them, but that's my heart. I wish I could stop taking these damn loses so seriously. You would think my mother died.

Sending back my Jersy , and write thanks but no thanks !
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:

this
I just hope he comes through and fires everyone if we fail to
Does he still believe in Santa Claus, too?

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Whatever he says makes no difference at the end of the day, but it is an easy public way to show support for your team and let's your players know you believe in them. I think it is the first time he has shown some public interest in this team.

Yeah, Jed finally goes public by saying something stupid.

Do you expect him to say "we are going nowhere"? He needs to keep putting butts in the seats and not have his players quit, although it may be too late.

He was better off saying nothing than sending that text.

No way!

This text is a message to the team, not to the media. Believe me, he's sending an indirect message to Singletary and the players and the assistants.

That may be, but to everyone else it just looks like he really is as immature and out of touch as they always thought. The guy is under 30 and was given the team by his parents. He, more than just about any other owner in sports, has to prove that he actually has some idea what he's doing. Sending out delusional text messages is counter productive, even if they are veiled threats.

How is it counterproductive? The team is 0-5. I think age has absolute nothing to do, you don't have to be an old fart to be successful. His mistake is not surrounding himself with knowledgable football minds. Talking to uncle Eddie (if true), just doesnt cut it.

It's not counterproductive for the team (well, maybe it is, but that's not what I was saying). It's counterproductive for York himself.

Age is a factor, because age is related to maturity and experience (two things he appears to be lacking). But more important than age is the issue that he did nothing to earn his role. The rest of the league, media, and sporting world views him as a child who was given a team by parents who didn't really want to deal with it (and weren't any good at running it themselves!).

So when I say it's counterproductive, what I'm saying is that it's not doing anything to disprove the widely held belief that he's too immature and inexperienced to successfully run an NFL team.

And btw, I agree that his youth and inexperience would not be a big deal if he surrounded himself with top football people. But part of how his immaturity is hurting the team is that he does not seem to think he needs those top football people, and couldn't identify them if he did.

our owner is an idiot, our head coach is an idiot, and our qb is a douche
Originally posted by WestCoast:
our owner is an idiot, our head coach is an idiot, and our qb is a douche

and our fans are whiners
Originally posted by Joecool:
That text doesn't have much to do with what he actually thinks THIS team will do. It has everything to do with his expectations of what this team SHOULD do and is a direct message to the 49ers coaches and players that their jobs are on the line here.

Jed just added a little extra excitement to this morning's press-conference.

I'm sure Sing was thinking "Damint Kid you couldn't wait till Tuesday "

now there will be questions toward Singletary....regarding if he guarantees along with the team president and family owner.

tough position to be put it in....oh well.

its funny cause Jed didn't have to answer a follow up question. Sing on the other hand.

Sing -"Yes we will win the Division"

reporter - "How?"

Sing -
Dont show me, just tell me . . . . .
Share 49ersWebzone