There are 233 users in the forums

Jed York texts ESPN...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Whatever he says makes no difference at the end of the day, but it is an easy public way to show support for your team and let's your players know you believe in them. I think it is the first time he has shown some public interest in this team.

Yeah, Jed finally goes public by saying something stupid.

Do you expect him to say "we are going nowhere"? He needs to keep putting butts in the seats and not have his players quit, although it may be too late.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Whatever he says makes no difference at the end of the day, but it is an easy public way to show support for your team and let's your players know you believe in them. I think it is the first time he has shown some public interest in this team.

Do you expect him to say "we are going nowhere"? He needs to keep putting butts in the seats and not have his players quit, although it may be too late.

He was better off saying nothing than sending that text.
Originally posted by Hopper:

No way!

This text is a message to the team, not to the media. Believe me, he's sending an indirect message to Singletary and the players and the assistants.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wow, I always suspected that maybe the owners didn't watch the games. Now I know for sure they don't watch the games.

ummmm i think you will find jed watches all the games he is the first person to greet the fans gives loyal fans sideline tickets ie fricker whos a good guy i also think you will find jed is a true 49er fan hes a people person ok he isnt that bright sometimes but i trully belive theres no other owner better for being fan friendly would you rather see a russian dictator like vladimar romanov who dont care bout the game atall
Im sure the conversation Jed had with Sing went like this...

Jed: Hey Coach! how did we do last night? I was getting hammered in tahoe
Sing: Hey Jed, thats wonderful! did you take any pictures? Oh we did pretty good.. guess what? WE ALMOST won today, we were so close! =) 27-24 was the score!
Jed: AH MAN! you're right coach that was SO CLOSE! its ok we'll get them next time!
What is our record!
Sing: oh we're 8-8 now Jed
Jed: YEA! That's good enough for playoffs right? Oh wait ESPN is texting me.. I'll let them know we will win the WEST THIS YEAR! Thanks for the update coach!

Originally posted by Califm5:
Jed York = Baghdad Bob

Absolutely... York is completely delusional at this point. Good thing he wasn't in Guyana with Jim Jones.
Originally posted by Joecool:

No way!

This text is a message to the team, not to the media. Believe me, he's sending an indirect message to Singletary and the players and the assistants.

Agreed. If he talks it is bad, if he is quiet it is bad. People in here need to make up their minds and get their heads out of their butts.
  • dj43
Having watched the progress that Mike Johnson has made in attempting to bring the offense up into the NFL of 2010, I am not as pessimistic as some. The first week was little different from Raye but last night was much better. Still far too much between the tackle runs and pass patterns that had two guys in the same area and no one in open zones, but it was better. It will take a minor miracle to win the division and the Raider speed will pose another problem for a team that does not have very good speed, however, the offense should continue to improve if Johnson is allowed to have more say in what they do.
I'd like to see Jed's response after we lose 4 more games.
Being the owner(ship), I wish he had said something along the lines of: we are not done yet, we will fight to the finish and make the most of this season. We are not giving up yet, etc,etc.

However, he decides to make this prediction? is this some motivational tactic? He basically expects us to win 9 of the remaining 11?
Good luck I suppose.

PLAY OFFS, YOU WANT TO TALK PLAY OFFS!!!!!! PLAY OFFS, PLAY OFF????? We need to learn how to win one game, before we start talking play offs.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

No way!

How this message any different from the last bold prediction Jed made about our season no longer ending in December.

[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 11, 2010 at 09:03:37 ]

No way!

That may be, but to everyone else it just looks like he really is as immature and out of touch as they always thought. The guy is under 30 and was given the team by his parents. He, more than just about any other owner in sports, has to prove that he actually has some idea what he's doing. Sending out delusional text messages is counter productive, even if they are veiled threats.
I love the 49ers but dude is f**king delirious.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
He has to say that. That's his job. What's he going to say, maybe something like Jim Mora Sr, which later got him fired? "Playoffs? Playoffs?! Are you serious?! I'm just hoping we can win a game!!"
Share 49ersWebzone