There are 142 users in the forums

Mt hood times' Torrance peoples defends mike singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As the clock was ticking down in KC after an discouraging loss, i said to myself ...its sad that Singletary has to answer all these questions,and is taking so much of the brunt of it. I know it comes with the territory of being the head coach. but it was clear to me that jimmy ray had to go... and he did,

The head coach isnt the one coughing up the football time after time at the most inopportune times...its the players, we hold onto the football and sustain drives/score on a few possessions here and there, were 3-1 and your all kissing mike singletarys ass. Ultimately alex smith holds the biggest keys to our success or failure ( I feel he has been efficient enough, can he just be mistake free when it matters!)

I, as well as mike know that the light is gonna go on soon , and when it does tonight against that portly andy reid and the philadelphia eagles, we are gonna ride the momentum to an nfc west title and all of u snot nosed, peach fuzz on the balls havin teenagers who want to pin it all on the head coach because u dont have a clue can just excuse yourself from the rest of the season because you dont deserve it......period!

I always have and continue to believe in this man and the job he is doing, despite all of the kneejerk naysayers.
Originally posted by ALL-KNOWING:
As the clock was ticking down in KC after an discouraging loss, i said to myself ...its sad that Singletary has to answer all these questions,and is taking so much of the brunt of it. I know it comes with the territory of being the head coach. but it was clear to me that jimmy ray had to go... and he did,

The head coach isnt the one coughing up the football time after time at the most inopportune times...its the players, we hold onto the football and sustain drives/score on a few possessions here and there, were 3-1 and your all kissing mike singletarys ass. Ultimately alex smith holds the biggest keys to our success or failure ( I feel he has been efficient enough, can he just be mistake free when it matters!)

I, as well as mike know that the light is gonna go on soon , and when it does tonight against that portly andy reid and the philadelphia eagles, we are gonna ride the momentum to an nfc west title and all of u snot nosed, peach fuzz on the balls havin teenagers who want to pin it all on the head coach because u dont have a clue can just excuse yourself from the rest of the season because you dont deserve it......period!

I always have and continue to believe in this man and the job he is doing, despite all of the kneejerk naysayers.

Kneejerk?
What in the f**k does that title mean or say?!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I thought the TS was going to post a newspaper article
All Knowing I mostly agree with you, poor execution has been the common denomination this season.

But the things that I can't get past with coach Singletary at the helm are:

-The early 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts (which always seem to bite us at the end of close games on possible game-winning drives) as a result of wrong personnel on the field/ basketball timeouts...

-The apparent lack of a set gameplan before each game this season (I would identify Reggie Bush one of the main receiving targets for NO and he was on a mismatch all game)

-His inability to read and diagnose problems with the team during the game (After the KC game he wasn't sure what the problem was, just that he would "look at the film" and find out...)

These issues listed above are reason enough for me to believe that Mike Singletary is not cut out to be a head coach in the NFL at this point in his career.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

It means the public school system failed.
Originally posted by NZNiner:
All Knowing I mostly agree with you, poor execution has been the common denomination this season.

But the things that I can't get past with coach Singletary at the helm are:

-The early 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts (which always seem to bite us at the end of close games on possible game-winning drives) as a result of wrong personnel on the field/ basketball timeouts...

-The apparent lack of a set gameplan before each game this season (I would identify Reggie Bush one of the main receiving targets for NO and he was on a mismatch all game)

-His inability to read and diagnose problems with the team during the game (After the KC game he wasn't sure what the problem was, just that he would "look at the film" and find out...)

These issues listed above are reason enough for me to believe that Mike Singletary is not cut out to be a head coach in the NFL at this point in his career.

I would add allowing the problem of getting plays sent in on time to fester (from last season through the preseason and then into the opener against Seattle) until it blew up in Seattle. There was just no excuse for it.
I'm glad you believe in this man. However, he has no idea what he is doing out there, and is clearly unprepared to be an NFL head coach.

I think I need to be all-knowing to understand the title.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 9, 2010 at 21:27:42 ]

wasnt it alex smith who was critical of jimmy ray....after the seattle game in regards to burning those early timeouts? .....You dont think the coaching staff (manusky) didnt identify reggie bush all week before the monday night game?

This unfortunate start falls on the entire coaching staff and 53 players!...all im saying is when this team turns the corner, all of u who are calling for gruden and disrespectfully calling our coach dingleberry and the such ...YOU dont deserve it!
Originally posted by ALL-KNOWING:
wasnt it alex smith who was critical of jimmy ray....after the seattle game in regards to burning those early timeouts? .....You dont think the coaching staff (manusky) didnt identify reggie bush all week before the monday night game?

This unfortunate start falls on the entire coaching staff and 53 players!...all im saying is when this team turns the corner, all of u who are calling for gruden and disrespectfully calling our coach dingleberry and the such ...YOU dont deserve it!

kk so what does the thread title mean again?

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 9, 2010 at 22:24:41 ]
I put my hand upon your hip.

When I dip.

You dip.

We dip.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i don't get it. what's going on here?

oh! hey, look...Stoya.

Share 49ersWebzone