There are 193 users in the forums

Throwback -- Our New Defensive Leader

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Taylor Mays can at least teach you how to dougie
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
When he fell to us at the 49th pick in the draft, I thought it might be special. And with regards to leadership, I've been patiently waiting for Willis as well. It might still come...

Willis leads by example... If you want Ray Lewis, root for Baltimore.

this^^
Good kid, good performance. Lets not get carried away. He has a lot to learn yet.
Originally posted by KezarMike:
Nice to hear Chet Brooks name mentioned - helluva player, as was Carlton Williamson before him.

And Jeff Fuller in between them.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
I hope he turns out to be great. Without a doubt he's working hard. He seems like the complete opposite of Goldson who comes off as more of a "celebrity". He was tweeted a question of what would he do after football and his response was basically "nothing, I want to make enough money so I don't have to do anything". And that was this summer!

Maybe Mays is so determined because he was picked in the 2nd round and wants to earn that contract, or maybe that's just who he is. We'll see

also add that he wants to show Pete Carroll what he passed up.
Do you guys think Taylor Mays would continue to play if they had to cut a finger off his hand during a game?!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Do you guys think Taylor Mays would continue to play if they had to cut a finger off his hand during a game?!

What a horrible thing to ask!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by LottsZombiePinky on Oct 8, 2010 at 14:27:47 ]
Originally posted by LottsZombiePinky:

What a horrible thing to ask!!!!!!!!

LOL!

I don't even think any player in the game today would do such a thing.

But to me, that's what defines the term "throwback" when it comes to describing a player.

That's why 42 will be known as the toughest player to play the game!!! Dick Buttkiss who???

I hear watch you're saying Verb as Ronnie Lott is probably my favorite 9er next to Jerry. I don't know who you can compare to Ronnie but it's just the whole USC to 49er deal that makes people compare the two.

Ronnie to me is the best Safety ever to play this game.

That's why 42 will be known as the toughest player to play the game!!! Dick Buttkiss who???

This x100

I seriously rooting for Taylor Mays to reach pro-bowl status, but there seriously will never ever be another Ronnie Lott. Ever. everrrr
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

I hear watch you're saying Verb as Ronnie Lott is probably my favorite 9er next to Jerry. I don't know who you can compare to Ronnie but it's just the whole USC to 49er deal that makes people compare the two.

Ronnie to me is the best Safety ever to play this game.

absolutely agree, the thought crossed my mind too when Mays was drafted.

NFL Network did one of those "NFL's toughest players" shows. Lott was #6. Some home from the chargers who played through being "tired" was #1.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
When he fell to us at the 49th pick in the draft, I thought it might be special. And with regards to leadership, I've been patiently waiting for Willis as well. It might still come...

Willis leads by example... If you want Ray Lewis, root for Baltimore.

How is your response appropriate?
Yeah, Taylor Mays is poised to be our next defensive leader, he oozes with confidence and poise (definitely comes off as a very intelligent/focused individual). -Although Willis is good at directing the defense (audibles/re-directing people) he isn't much of a pure communicator/leader.
Share 49ersWebzone