There are 239 users in the forums

So Singletary will go down with Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In another example of some fans reconstructing reality in their mind, someone just said that Alex has caused the firing of a number of coaches and coordinators, including Nolan. If my memory serves me right, Alex was on IR when the decision was made to fire Nolan.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Wait, Singletary is going to go down on Smith or with Smith? I think I misread the original article...

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
In another example of some fans reconstructing reality in their mind, someone just said that Alex has caused the firing of a number of coaches and coordinators, including Nolan. If my memory serves me right, Alex was on IR when the decision was made to fire Nolan.

Who happens to have drafted Alex Smith over Aaron freaking Rogers.

well , i differ with you mybe not directly but in directly ! If everyone know that Alex was injerd but he is a probowler then Nolan was never been lett go but cuz of Alex sucks that why nolan decision to pick Alex and other things !
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Wait, Singletary is going to go down on Smith or with Smith? I think I misread the original article...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is what I've said all along, Sing will not bench Smith no matter what. And his stubbornness will make or break him here in San Francisco. I guess hes going by the theory that, its the moves you don't make that make you successful too. But if we lose to Philly Sunday and Oakland (please dear god no), someone needs to be benched/released and fired, cause that would pretty much put us out of the playoffs.
This fanbase has never supported Alex since the day he was drafted. That really shows that this fanbase is truly lame
I bet sing regrets not going after another qb or drafting someone. He had two offseasons to address the most important position on the team and didn't do s**t to make it better
It is irresposible to suggest that Alex should be benched if we lose the next few games. Wouldn't it sound more rational to say that it depends on who or what is responsible for these losses?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
I bet sing regrets not going after another qb or drafting someone. He had two offseasons to address the most important position on the team and didn't do s**t to make it better

We did, David Carr.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:

Sing dug his own grave by getting rid of Shaun Hill so that Smith wouldn't have to keep looking over his shoulder. Noodle arm was nothing special, but he was miles better than Smith. In the clutch, Hill steps up and performs, while Smith steps up and runs right, throws high, and throws INTs.

Sing deserves this situation. He set himself up for it by putting all his rotten eggs in one basket.

It is a laughable notion that Shaun Hill would have been a better choice than Alex Smith. Explain to me how it was that Hill lost his job to Smith in the first place?
If the games are close Alex stays, we get blown out then even singletary knows he has to take out Smith
Nate Davis is NOT the answer to anything. He sucks too. No work ethic=Jeff George. When he was given a shot to play against actual NFL personnel-not Costco employees masquerading as NFL personnel, he sucked. Period.

We have nobody. At this point, the only person that intrigues at all is T Smith. And that's just because we haven't seen him play in this offense. Realistically he's probably as clueless as the rest are.

We will probably continue to struggle. Alex will become even more afraid to screw up and both he and Sing will be looking for work soon enough. Those 2 are the remaining mirages left over from the Nolan era.

On the bright side we are in good hands because look who owns the team.

Oh just stop with the facts already....they have little use here.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Nate Davis is NOT the answer to anything. He sucks too. No work ethic=Jeff George. When he was given a shot to play against actual NFL personnel-not Costco employees masquerading as NFL personnel, he sucked. Period.

We have nobody. At this point, the only person that intrigues at all is T Smith. And that's just because we haven't seen him play in this offense. Realistically he's probably as clueless as the rest are.

We will probably continue to struggle. Alex will become even more afraid to screw up and both he and Sing will be looking for work soon enough. Those 2 are the remaining mirages left over from the Nolan era.

On the bright side we are in good hands because look who owns the team.

Nate Davis has no work ethic, because of a lack of discipline from the coaches. Lets face the facts, the kid has a really good arm and has much more potential than Alex can ever wish for. As a coach, once you see this kind a potential you try your hardest to instill that work ethic and also try to get everything out of the young kid rather than berating him in front of the whole world.
[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone