LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

So Singletary will go down with Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary is an abysmal coach but I think this sort of underhanded hints he is already a dead man walking and we are looking at John Fox etc seems pretty sneaky and low.
I get the feeling they want him to quit to save money but for Sing this is his first and last time as an NFL head coach and I doubt if he would relinquish that until the bitter end. I think Singletary's refusal to learn or change has doomed any further chance he has a coach. If he had the sense to hire the best coaches and keep his ignoramus nose out of things he might have made it but it is stupidity cubed with him. I think the pressure will really build over the next few weeks and if he pulls another Singdungdump over those weeks, he might be fired and forget about forcing him to resign.
This team isn't precise on the field and that will by why Singletary goes down.
With the classy way the niners excise former employees, I can see them firing Sing in London with tickets on a mule train thru Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, then a banana boat thru Africa and then trudging thru South America and sneaking thru the border with some Al Qaeda Raider fans.
Originally posted by prometheus:
With the classy way the niners excise former employees, I can see them firing Sing in London with tickets on a mule train thru Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, then a banana boat thru Africa and then trudging thru South America and sneaking thru the border with some Al Qaeda Raider fans.

WOw haha
It all depends on Prince Jed York, who bought into the Sing as savior line. Now its clear Sing is not the savior, just a pretend coach in over his head. Will the Prince swallow his pride and admit his mistake and conduct a search for an experienced competent coach like he should have done after Nolan was fired, or stubbornly stick with Sing? The future fate of the franchise depends on that decision.
I said before raiders game that "One and Done". Well, he won that one, may win the next, maybe not. But if bigmike(BM) takes a HUMPTY'S DUMP in any of the next games, and makes the 49ers look foolish, look inept, can't get his team together or his wits, continues to run I form'n with frank on 2nd and any yardage...well then i think he is " one and done" One more major screw up and MJ runs O and manusk runs D. Jed may be a lot of things, but i don't think he is blind. The 9ers have been an embarrassment and a loss to the raids would have finished it, especially if it had been some of BMs dumb dumb stuff. His play calling and game plannning remain open for the rest of the league to see, so we are not going to beat any good teams. But BM, bud, you're still alive and sucking oxygen at an amazing rate, but also know the grim reaper is going to pull your plug before too long.

Man, BM, just owning up to your inability to be a HC would have saved you your reputation intact, you would have been a hero to 49er fans, and now...look at you. All we see out there is a big joke. And the nfl is laughing. AT you, bubba, at you. Unfortunately you chose to take the 9ers down with you. For that you will endure our everlasting disdain...frankly you have fallen so far, you haven't tarnished your once sterling reputation...dude, you have lost it and all respect ...at least from me.

Just don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. I wonder...are you thinking, "Will it be next week...or two weeks before i get schidt canned?" You, as well as we know this is your first...and only HC gig. Nobody will touch you with a ten foot pole. You'll be lucky to land a LB coaching job. BM, you are as radioactive as a failed coach can get. Staying here just drags you and us farther and farther into the tar pit. Please, BM ....would you please go to the game on Sun, and then never come back? Please?
Originally posted by jsaniner:
It all depends on Prince Jed York, who bought into the Sing as savior line. Now its clear Sing is not the savior, just a pretend coach in over his head. Will the Prince swallow his pride and admit his mistake and conduct a search for an experienced competent coach like he should have done after Nolan was fired, or stubbornly stick with Sing? The future fate of the franchise depends on that decision.

No NFL head coach, or potential HC, worth his salt would come to a team without a good head of front office. That is an essential component of a successful franchise. Today the 49ers are not such a franchise. And do you believe that Jed York would give up his position as head of front office? GM, CEO, President . . . call the position what you will . . . for the 49ers it's Jed York and he's is as incompetent at every level in filling that role. I also don't see him giving up his hold on that position . . . the guy's deluded.

The right thing to do would be either (i) to find a great front office guy and let him pick the HC, or (ii) pick a great HC out there with the experience to bring in his own GM (I cannot think of anyone out there that would fill these latter shoes . . . not Gruden, not Mooch, not Billick, for my money). You HAVE to have the tandem to get the job done properly.

BTW Jed's daddy tried that route. Except that he screwed up with his choice. Nolan as HC. . Then he picked a lousy GM.

If you make a rotten first choice the product will be rotten also. That's the 49ers.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I said before raiders game that "One and Done". Well, he won that one, may win the next, maybe not. But if bigmike(BM) takes a HUMPTY'S DUMP in any of the next games, and makes the 49ers look foolish, look inept, can't get his team together or his wits, continues to run I form'n with frank on 2nd and any yardage...well then i think he is " one and done" One more major screw up and MJ runs O and manusk runs D. Jed may be a lot of things, but i don't think he is blind. The 9ers have been an embarrassment and a loss to the raids would have finished it, especially if it had been some of BMs dumb dumb stuff. His play calling and game plannning remain open for the rest of the league to see, so we are not going to beat any good teams. But BM, bud, you're still alive and sucking oxygen at an amazing rate, but also know the grim reaper is going to pull your plug before too long.

Man, BM, just owning up to your inability to be a HC would have saved you your reputation intact, you would have been a hero to 49er fans, and now...look at you. All we see out there is a big joke. And the nfl is laughing. AT you, bubba, at you. Unfortunately you chose to take the 9ers down with you. For that you will endure our everlasting disdain...frankly you have fallen so far, you haven't tarnished your once sterling reputation...dude, you have lost it and all respect ...at least from me.

Just don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. I wonder...are you thinking, "Will it be next week...or two weeks before i get schidt canned?" You, as well as we know this is your first...and only HC gig. Nobody will touch you with a ten foot pole. You'll be lucky to land a LB coaching job. BM, you are as radioactive as a failed coach can get. Staying here just drags you and us farther and farther into the tar pit. Please, BM ....would you please go to the game on Sun, and then never come back? Please?

I sense much hate in you..... Look I think you take away all those uncoached turnovers and we're 4-2, at worse 3-3. It's looking like a mistake not to have brought in a good backup to Smith, but you know what, I still think we can go on a streak and make the playoffs, and BELIEVE me, if we make the playoffs at 9-7, 10-6, the attitude of the bay towards Singletary will be completely different from where it is now. I mean just last season he got us our best record in 8 seasons, and now look at how he's perceived. Some wins under our belt will change the perception. The players still play hard for him, and he's still learning.
Share 49ersWebzone