LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

So Singletary will go down with Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I prayed he learned something from Nolan/Hostler/Raye, btu I guess he is sealing his fate to Alex also. Not to bash but if nothing else his play does not push the offense to be better so in my opinion not a leader...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/552642/alex-smith
I think an argument can be made that he doesn't have a choice. The reality is he has left us with no viable back up plan. Putting in Carr or T.Smith is nothing more than a complete shot it the dark. So with a guy like Smith, it's better to boost him up and give him confidance than it is to talk tough. Plus, on the remote chance he can turn it around, when it is time to resign, Smith would be the kind of guy that would remember loyalty. In short, there is nothing to gain by empty threats.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 7, 2010 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think an argument can be made that he doesn't have a choice. The reality is he has left us with no viable back up plan. Putting in Carr or T.Smith is nothing more than a complete shot it the dark. So with a guy like Smith, it's better to boost him up and give him confidance than it is to talk tough. Plus, on the remote chance he can turn it around, when it is time to resign Smith would be the kind of guy that would remember loyalty. In short, there is nothing to gain by empty threats.

this^^
I think an argument can be made that he doesn't have a choice. The reality is he has left us with no viable back up plan. Putting in Carr or T.Smith is nothing more than a complete shot it the dark. So with a guy like Smith, it's better to boost him up and give him confidance than it is to talk tough. Plus, on the remote chance he can turn it around, when it is time to resign Smith would be the kind of guy that would remember loyalty. In short, there is nothing to gain by empty threats.

I would get Nate Davis , live or die by him , they said it best he hit the open WR ! you know what you got with the others but Nate give him a set of plays and let it rip ! you know that everyone going to back up or rush the passer to confuse him ! but the threat of the deep ball is real and the guy can make somthing out of nothing unlike Smith is affried of his shadow , he is scared to throw deep for INT"S but throw short and high and we get int's.

think outside the box what we have to lose we are 0-4 in danger of going 0-5 !

just a thought !
  • ZRF80

I disagree. Although putting in Carr or T.Smith may not pay dividends, it shows that Singletary DOES care about winning and is trying to make the necessary changes to achieve that. Clearly, Alex has struggled in the past 4 games for the most part, and Singletary has basically excused all his mistakes by saying that he has no plans to replace him.

As a coach, the least he could do is tell everyone that Alex is on the hotseat. We get that he wants to give Smith every chance in the world to succeed, but to come out and make blatant comments that he supports Alex 100% and has no plan on replacing him tells me (and every other fan) that Sing is content with Alex's play and thinks it's everyone else's fault.

I have no problem with this, actually. He did the same with Raye, and front management forced him to fire the guy. He'll do the same with Smith, and his fate will be sealed. This is the beginning of the end for this god awful coaching regime and Alex Smith.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Sing dug his own grave by getting rid of Shaun Hill so that Smith wouldn't have to keep looking over his shoulder. Noodle arm was nothing special, but he was miles better than Smith. In the clutch, Hill steps up and performs, while Smith steps up and runs right, throws high, and throws INTs.

Sing deserves this situation. He set himself up for it by putting all his rotten eggs in one basket.
One thing I fear is that we make it to the playoffs and both guys return. Our schedule is so weak this year. If we don't beat the Eagles Sing and Smith need to just go. I don't see the new GM doing anything about what's going on, so he needs to leave too.
I wouldnt roll with Nate Davis nor any of the other QBs, its Smith or bust. And Sing knows that. Our preseason games Davis had some fine games as well as the entire team and we went 4-0. This same side is now 0-4. So to put Davis in the game is another 2 steps back we dont need. We need a new now. I reckon when that first win does come, we'll get on a roll.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Oct 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I prayed he learned something from Nolan/Hostler/Raye, btu I guess he is sealing his fate to Alex also. Not to bash but if nothing else his play does not push the offense to be better so in my opinion not a leader...

two birds with one stone!

None of those coaches failed because of AS, they fail because they all sucked.

When ever I see Alex play I feel like he is going to throw an int every time he goes back to pass. If he does not do well in the philly game then I think he is going to be benched. However, I think that he will do well because of mike johnson.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

None of those coaches failed because of AS, they fail because they all sucked.

Yeah, you keep thinking that. Im sure the right coach will come along....eventually.
If we go 0-5 or 0-6 start a new qb!!
Wait, Singletary is going to go down on Smith or with Smith? I think I misread the original article...
he has no choice. He put himself in a position where no one can come in and save him. But I guess you never know. He abandoned the Jimmy Raye sinking ship.
Share 49ersWebzone