LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Moving the Chains-Niner Nuggets from Tim & Pat

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just got back from lunch and Tim Ryan, who does a lot 49er games for Fox, and Pat Kirwan just finished discussing our game vs Atlanta. Here are some notes to chew on

-Both felt real bad for our team. Said the team played very hard. No surprise there.

-Both felt the offense wasn't going to change much. Alex is really struggling. Noted that he could only put 7 points on the board. Pressure is mounting heavily

-Noted that Singletary is looking really lost. He is having a hard time getting it together.

Most interestingly the fact that we decided to trade Shaun Hill because it was a move to eliminate competition. Pat said you should never do that and let any player on the roster feel that comfortable. However a lot players rallied behind Smith throughout the offseason so maybe that made us feel comfortable dealing Hill away. The problem is execution. Alex is just not executing. Most captains are picked for what they do on the field. Alex was handed that honor.

-Tim Ryan is not a David Carr fan and said he knows Nate Clements well and he just wanted to score bad. However he felt Nate should have gone out of bounds.

-Biggest question now in Niner country is what happens first?
Singletary gets fired?
Smith gets benched?

-
We're like the really really nice kid in high school that the girls like but definitely wouldn't date so they just feel bad for us and are our friend.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM ]
We go on a 12 game winning streak and get 1000 achievement points.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
We're like the really really nice kid in high school that the girls like but definitely wouldn't date so they just feel bad for us and are our friend.

so true, holy sh1t haha...
Originally posted by jreff22:

how did I know you were a Xbot.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

because I post in the Halo Reach thread.....
Sing takes team out for pizza and pop, everybody hugs, cries a little and tries really hard next week!

because you are an Alex homer and you used the word achievements.

Alex is on Live, is he on your friends list?
Unless he's doing well (which he wont), bench Alexis Smith at halftime vs. the Eagles.

You sound like a disgruntled lover if I've ever heard one.

There were positives to take from the game. However, it was just another moral victory marred by mental mistakes.

It wasn't like Matt Ryan far outplayed Alex Smith. For all intents and purposes the game should have ended with his interception.

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

There were positives to take from the game. However, it was just another moral victory marred by mental mistakes.

It wasn't like Matt Ryan far outplayed Alex Smith. For all intents and purposes the game should have ended with his interception.

I was joking with the guy....but anyway...

the thing about how Matt Ryan and Smith played yesterday...was when it counted, Ryan made some incredible passes..the on to White on the sideline between a cb and Safety was a Big league play.

like I posted before.....Ryan f'd up on the INT but redeemed himself. Alex had many chances to redeem himself from his INTs..but didn't.

he had Crabtree one on one deep...but threw the ball out of bounds. Alex had opportunities to step up.

our offense just scored on 7pts that game...and that was in the first drive of the game.

the thing about how Matt Ryan and Smith played yesterday...was when it counted, Ryan made some incredible passes..the on to White on the sideline between a cb and Safety was a Big league play.

like I posted before.....Ryan f'd up on the INT but redeemed himself. Alex had many chances to redeem himself from his INTs..but didn't.

he had Crabtree one on one deep...but threw the ball out of bounds. Alex had opportunities to step up.

our offense just scored on 7pts that game...and that was in the first drive of the game.

Alex redeemed himself fine against the Saints. This was just as much the fault of the defense as Alex Smith's. How many yards did they have to stop Matt Ryan the last drive? 110+ yards?

You're a broken record when it comes to Alex Smith. We get it, and hardly anyone wants him past this season -- unfortunately it's a shotgun marriage for this season. The s**tty thing is, at this point, we don't have anyone more talented than him on this team.

I cringe trying to imagine David Carr in the pocket as Alex Smith. With two rookies who are just cultivating their pass protection skills and people advocate Carr? That wouldn't be a mistake or anything.

Troy Smith.

It would be nice to see Nate Davis in some garbage time soon. Too bad we're never up enough late in the game to put him in and Singletary is too stubborn to give up a game, no matter what the score.

Everyone keeps forgetting the number of plays Alex Smith has left on the field since he's started for the 49ers. It seems to happen almost every game.
"the thing about how Matt Ryan and Smith played yesterday...was when it counted, Ryan made some incredible passes..the on to White on the sideline between a cb and Safety was a Big league play"

and there is the difference between a guy and a legitimate NFL starter. Alex is a guy, always will be. I really wanted that game yesterday. It ruined my entire day when Nate fumbled that ball.
Nate "wanting to score" is not an acceptable excuse. We play to win... and the win was secured in his hands... until it wasn't.
Share 49ersWebzone