LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

49ers.com Video - Players reflect on W4 loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Suffer-Last-Second-Loss/09572438-43ff-4667-86ef-917d8987eb7b

If you're feeling blue, I'd recommend watching this. I'm impressed with what was said and where the team's collective head is at. They know they're still in this and they know that if they keep on persevering, good things will come.

I'm looking forward to our first win next Sunday. Things are going to get better, I can finally feel it!
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Suffer-Last-Second-Loss/09572438-43ff-4667-86ef-917d8987eb7b

If you're feeling blue, I'd recommend watching this. I'm impressed with what was said and where the team's collective head is at. They know they're still in this and they know that if they keep on persevering, good things will come.

I'm looking forward to our first win next Sunday. Things are going to get better, I can finally feel it!

As long as we have a solid chance for the playoffs, our players will play hard. However, how fans need to accept the fact that we will have a conservative offense until a better QB comes in.
Originally posted by Joecool:

As long as we have a solid chance for the playoffs, our players will play hard. However, how fans need to accept the fact that we will have a conservative offense until a better QB comes in.

Wrong! We need to open up the offense so that our current QB can flourish! It is the conservative, predictable offense that is making Smith look worse than he is.

Wrong! We need to open up the offense so that our current QB can flourish! It is the conservative, predictable offense that is making Smith look worse than he is.

23 run attempts
32 pass attempts

7 different receivers caught a ball and 5 of those receivers averages more than 8 yards per catch.

The mix in playcalling was very good along with some screens to players who can make plays. Did you notice that the screen pass worked well yesterday?

It's been 6 years and we are complaining to "free Alex". Do we all think these OC's are really dumb and don't want to score points and light up the scoreboard?

The Superbowl Ravens should have freed Trent or freed Boller...

There's a reason why we aren't opening it up and it's directly correlated to our QB. How do you know he hasn't had many opportunities on all of those checkdowns?

Do you know why Frank Gore has 29 catches and our Tight End is second with 19? It's not a coincidence that our receivers are 3rd and 4th on this list. The QB is not good enough to hit them when they are a few inches open.

23 run attempts
32 pass attempts

7 different receivers caught a ball and 5 of those receivers averages more than 8 yards per catch.

The mix in playcalling was very good along with some screens to players who can make plays. Did you notice that the screen pass worked well yesterday?

It's been 6 years and we are complaining to "free Alex". Do we all think these OC's are really dumb and don't want to score points and light up the scoreboard?

There's a reason why we aren't opening it up and it's directly correlated to our QB. How do you know he hasn't had many opportunities on all of those checkdowns?

Do you know why Frank Gore has 29 catches and our Tight End is second with 19? It's not a coincidence that our receivers are 3rd and 4th on this list. The QB is not good enough to hit them when they are a few inches open.

You're wrong. Smith hit Morgan with a ball that should have been caught on third down yesterday. And when the coaches decide to run on second and twenty-two, that was the forfeiture of yet another drive. The one time I remember three receivers being on the field, Smith found Crabtree for a 15 yard gain. Did we go back to t it? No...

Smith can throw accurate passes on the numbers when throwing down field. We didn't see a lot of attempts last season, but we did see a lot of big plays when we did go for it. And yes, I realized Smith missed on a shot down the field yesterday, but a good coach dials that play right back up and gives the QB a second chance. Smith only got one chance, and that reflects on the coaches, not Smith.
I gotta felling that this Sunday is the beginning of our season!!!!

let go niners
Originally posted by servegmo:
I gotta felling that this Sunday is the beginning of our season!!!!

let go niners

well sorry to tell you this guy but the season started 4 weeks ago....

23 run attempts
32 pass attempts

You're wrong. Smith hit Morgan with a ball that should have been caught on third down yesterday. And when the coaches decide to run on second and twenty-two, that was the forfeiture of yet another drive. The one time I remember three receivers being on the field, Smith found Crabtree for a 15 yard gain. Did we go back to t it? No...

Smith can throw accurate passes on the numbers when throwing down field. We didn't see a lot of attempts last season, but we did see a lot of big plays when we did go for it. And yes, I realized Smith missed on a shot down the field yesterday, but a good coach dials that play right back up and gives the QB a second chance. Smith only got one chance, and that reflects on the coaches, not Smith.

Kilgore, stop beating a dead horse! lol
Originally posted by verb1der:

What dead horse am I beating? I'm tired of all the Smith criticism when he has to keep dealing with crap. Yesterday, by chance, I ended up watching the game at a bar in my neighborhood with an ex-49er.

His name is Dave Kopay (He was a rookie in '64 and will be on the field for the 49ers Nov. 21st game) and this is what he said about Smith. "When the 49ers get rid of him, he is going to become an all-pro. He has too much pressure on him here and the team hasn't done what is needed for him to succeed."
Originally posted by dobo:

What dead horse am I beating? I'm tired of all the Smith criticism when he has to keep dealing with crap. Yesterday, by chance, I ended up watching the game at a bar in my neighborhood with an ex-49er.

His name is Dave Kopay (He was a rookie in '64 and will be on the field for the 49ers Nov. 21st game) and this is what he said about Smith. "When the 49ers get rid of him, he is going to become an all-pro. He has too much pressure on him here and the team hasn't done what is needed for him to succeed."

What kind of bar was this?

Just my neighborhood's sports bar in Seattle. He said yesterday was his first time checking it out, but he'd be back in the future. He was a really cool guy and bought me and another Niner fan a couple of beers. I think we all wanted to cry at the end of the game.

• flow
  • Veteran

Just my neighborhood's sports bar in Seattle. He said yesterday was his first time checking it out, but he'd be back in the future. He was a really cool guy and bought me and another Niner fan a couple of beers. I think we all wanted to cry at the end of the game.

I think dobo is referring to the fact that Kopay was one of the first openly gay pro football players.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

23 run attempts
32 pass attempts

So when did we get such elite receivers that noone in the league can cover them???

When did our rookie lineman become so good that other coach's are lost for a way th exploit them???

When did our coaching staff become so much better at gametime adjustments than the rest of the league???

Why the phock does every other teams players seem to be smarter and more prepared than our players???

Why the hell would you only send a three man rush when you have a team deep in their own territory and a 3rd and 15???

Why haven't we seen Westbrook on the field for more than a couple of plays???

I don't know how many teams will give Smith a starting job considering his inconsistencies. And if Alex does get a chance to start somewhere else then great, hopefully he can find a team that WILL NOT put pressure on him. Honestly I think "pressure" comes with the territory of being a starting NFL qb, apparently Smith can't handle that pressure.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Why the hell would you only send a three man rush when you have a team deep in their own territory and a 3rd and 15???

Manusky always does this, and teams frequently convert. I had de ja vu from the Colts game a season ago on that play...
Originally posted by flow:

I think dobo is referring to the fact that Kopay was one of the first openly gay pro football players.

Interesting. I would have never known. Him and I did have a good conversation on greed though, both in the NFL and in our culture. And with that, you can cue up the Gordon Gekko speech.
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone