LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Shooting ourselves in the foot.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
This is the main cause of why we have been losing games just like yesterday's. We get in our own way of winning games by doing "dumb things" as Sing said. We have to play smart and not let BS like what Clements did get in the way of our chances at playoffs. We are 0-4 and we have people ranting about getting rid of Smith and/or Sing. I personally don't believe that will not do sh** considering that the season has already begun and we still have time to turn this thing around. There are people overreacting much more than others and so they feel like getting rid of people is the only solution when realistically, IMO, Alex, along with MJ, will eventually (I hope and pray to God) get everything down so that he doesn't throw picks like he has been. I am and always will be an Alex supporter and the last thing we need now is for people asking for someone to get fired. I guess Jimmy wasn't enough then. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot, I guarantee every niner fan that our season will turn around in a matter of seconds.

"I am and always will be an Alex supporter"

I'm so sorry to hear that.

and you know what, I still have confidence in him and how he can deliver.

I appreciate your optimism, man and I hope your right. But I've done a complete 180 on Smith. To me, there's no more information to gather on this guy. I just cant hang on to this notion of "given the right circumstances lets see what he can do". IMO, the waiting is over. I dont think we're going to see much beyond the occasional flash of brilliance from Alex.

The biggest problem is he's still making fundamental errors, which have little to do with the system/playbook - high passes, overthrows, poor decision making. If he can't correct those, it really doesn't matter what plays are called.

If this team is going to make a run for the playoffs, they have to start winning BECAUSE of Alex Smith, not in spite of him. I just dont see that happening.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Damn, that dude gotta have some serious balances issues. Nice find SybErkRimInAL
Share 49ersWebzone