There are 280 users in the forums

Bags on heads at the Stick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
What kind of bag do u recommend?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I live in NJ so I can't partake but I suggest that all who attend bust out the old paperbag on the head (a la the 'Aints) to make a statement and get the organization to recognize. It would surely receive airtime on TV. The quicker we make a stink, the quicker things will change.

Who's in?

Like my 14-year old said during the Saints game when they went up 9-0. "Fans shouldn't have to Booo the team for the Ownership to know that we suck".

Same applies with your bag idea.

your 14 year old takes after his old man and is a smart kid.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
I live in NJ so I can't partake but I suggest that all who attend bust out the old paperbag on the head (a la the 'Aints) to make a statement and get the organization to recognize. It would surely receive airtime on TV. The quicker we make a stink, the quicker things will change.

Who's in?

Like my 14-year old said during the Saints game when they went up 9-0. "Fans shouldn't have to Booo the team for the Ownership to know that we suck".

Thanks Jim. I'll let him know you gave him props. He's KingCrab15 on the Zone.

Who's in?

Thanks Jim. I'll let him know you gave him props. He's KingCrab15 on the Zone.

lol thats a great post name. I wish the Giants would bring back the crab. hehehe
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'll never put a bag on my head at a game. I'll stay home before I become that desperate.
All those years the Saints and Rams did that sht never helped them at all.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
If you put a bag on your head at Candlestick, you might want to make sure you have a football helmet on under the bag.

This isn't New York or Philadelphia. You would probably be safe with a rain jacket. I have never been to Candlestick, but have seen the 49ers play the Rams at Anaheim Stadium, and watched many a baseball game. The worst a disrespectful fan gets is bombed with beer from the deck above.
Im just throwing this out there but why not sell your tickets to Eagles fans? You get your money back and you watch the game at home. Kind of an informal protest. I'm sure Jed will get the message when he see's all the Eagles jerseys in the stands. Just my 2 cents
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'll never put a bag on my head at a game. I'll stay home before I become that desperate.

yep, if you want to put a bag on your head, its time for you to move on and earn some respect. Putting a bag on your head at the stick this early in the season is asking for trouble. Don't give up this early in the season.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
please dont do that

You guys want to sit back and have nothing change then? Good idea. Let's sit quiet and watch owernership ruin the next 5 seasons. Bad press will expedite change. It's necessary. Are we above it? We haven't had a winning season in 8 damn years. We're above nothing!

same guys that are at the game letting fans of opposing teams walk all over them

yep, if you want to put a bag on your head, its time for you to move on and earn some respect. Putting a bag on your head at the stick this early in the season is asking for trouble. Don't give up this early in the season.

Fans just want to be let off the hook. One game where all of Candlestick is cheering the 9ers and they think that they deserve the world. Nevermind they aren't willing to commit.

They expect the Players to commit though.

Other than the Saints game I cannot remember the last home game when I heard the crowd cheering with such ferocity that the announcers were having a tough time hearing each other.

You want Wins you're going to cheer your ass off come Sundays at the Stick. If the team fails you then you have room to complain with such pent up aggression. Right now it's just silly to take drastic action throwing in the towel on a Season that's just gotten underway for the most part.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Fans just want to be let off the hook. One game where all of Candlestick is cheering the 9ers and they think that they deserve the world. Nevermind they aren't willing to commit.

They expect the Players to commit though.

Other than the Saints game I cannot remember the last home game when I heard the crowd cheering with such ferocity that the announcers were having a tough time hearing each other.

You want Wins you're going to cheer your ass off come Sundays at the Stick. If the team fails you then you have room to complain with such pent up aggression. Right now it's just silly to take drastic action throwing in the towel on a Season that's just gotten underway for the most part.

~Ceadder

A quarter of the season is over and we're 0-4. I haven't lost ALL hope and I'm gonna be cheering my ass off on Sunday but realistically, we're not looking good. I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9.
what we have here is a failure to communicate!
[ Edited by whatawegot on Oct 6, 2010 at 1:54 AM ]
Wow, really got flamed for the idea. Seems many of you are too proud or too "stuck in the past". For those who think I wasn't alive for a Super Bowl, I was. I luckily got to see '94's. Love that team and love this team to this day, but I hate what ownership and coaching has done to my team and I don't want to stand for it any longer. This league is full of teams who are making progress and trying to get better (see Detroit, KC). We repeat the same mistakes year in and year out and fail to address what holds the team back.

P.S. If some of you would read, you'd see in my initial post that I'm NOT going to the game because I live in NJ so I physically CAN'T wear a bag on my head at the Stick.

If I was there and wore a bag, I highly doubt anyone would "hit" or "slap" me. Get real. I've been to Candlestick several times. The level of intensity from most fans is equivalent to a crowd of people at a public library. It's not Philadelphia or Giants Stadium we're talking here. I never see fights. Hell most fans don't even stand up during 3rd down stands from the defense.
two games out , quitters.

You guys might as well have on Balmer , Glen Coffee , and Lewis jerseys on.
Share 49ersWebzone