LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

Bags on heads at the Stick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Granted I won't be at the game, but I'm all for the bags!

But for the people going, might I suggest NOT cutting eyeholes to spare your eyes of witnessing yet another game of this team's disgusting rendition of "football."
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Paperbags are for perennial loser.....teams that havent done squat since their inception into the league. May be look good when donning a Lions or Browns jersey, but wouldnt fit a Niner fan.

It'd be better to boycott Candlestick and let the Eagles fans fill the stands (which they usually do anyways).

Since we got 5 superbowls, would Louis Vuitton bags work???
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude we got 5 Superbowl trophies, we dont wear bags on our head.

Yes we are going through a tough stretch right now, but dont you EVER EVER EVER talk about wearing bags over our heads.

Things will change, brighter days are ahead. It probably wont be this season but brighter days are ahead.

I would love to believe you but we've been singing this song for nearly a decade. This ain't the ownership or coaching staff of the 49er glory years. Don't expect the same results. Jed is not Mr. D. Paraag is not Carmen Policy. Sing is not Walsh or Seifert for that matter. Alex is not Joe or Steve. Better days are ahead? Dude I don't even see light at the end of the tunnel.

Sports goes in cycles we will be on the up swing very soon. After Sing and Alex are gone and hopefully the right coach comes and in brings in the right system and we finally get a decent QB. I really believe this team is not far off from being back in contention.

Unfortunately I have zero faith in Sing and Alex so this year is a wash.
Originally posted by rawdel:
Dude we got 5 Superbowl trophies, we dont wear bags on our head.

Yes we are going through a tough stretch right now, but dont you EVER EVER EVER talk about wearing bags over our heads.

Things will change, brighter days are ahead. It probably wont be this season but brighter days are ahead.

I would love to believe you but we've been singing this song for nearly a decade. This ain't the ownership or coaching staff of the 49er glory years. Don't expect the same results. Jed is not Mr. D. Paraag is not Carmen Policy. Sing is not Walsh or Seifert for that matter. Alex is not Joe or Steve. Better days are ahead? Dude I don't even see light at the end of the tunnel.

Sports goes in cycles we will be on the up swing very soon. After Sing and Alex are gone and hopefully the right coach comes and in brings in the right system and we finally get a decent QB. I really believe this team is not far off from being back in contention.

Unfortunately I have zero faith in Sing and Alex so this year is a wash.

That's why I hate the Yankees.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
please dont do that

Some of y'alls GFs' can do that, but I'm agreed with this.

~Ceadder
It obviously frustrating for everyone: ownership, the players, coaches, and the fans. I still have faith that we can turn it around and start playing great football.

We still have 5 division games left; the best record in the NFC West right now is 2-2. We still have more talent than any other team in our division. There is plenty of reason for optimism. They way we lost hurts, but again we show that we can be competitive. Its too early, and we have too much working in our favor to call this season a wash just yet.

It sucks being 0-4, 1-4, 2-4, and 3-4. But it is the road we must travel. Eagles, Raiders, @ Panthers, Denver (in London) are next. Despite what weve done so far, we are capable of 3 or 4 wins in this stretch. If we can get to 3-5 or better at halfway point, we will be set up to make a run.

The next four: Rams, Bucs, @ Cards, @ Packers

The last four: Seahawks, @ Chargers, @Rams, Cardinals

Its not easy, or ideal, but is it possible? Yes.

No paper bags please
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I say we be more direct. "Mike Singletary, please resign."

You 2 Alex Smith...
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I say we be more direct. "Mike Singletary, please resign."

You 2 Alex Smith...

It has to be a packaged deal. Alex and sing holding hands...gtfo!!
I agree, fans need to make a statement. Bags on the head needs to happen at the Stick. Heck, go ahead and post signs up too.

Mine would say...

Hey coach, let me play quarterback!
do it in style

http://www.amazon.com/San-Francisco-49ers-Reusable-Shopping/dp/B003KPIJAK

Anyone who thinks it's out of line or that we're "above it" is crazy. This team has been the laughing stock of the league for going on 8 years now. Players asked to be released, information leaks reveal PR scandals, pants dropping at halftime, mumbled offensive playcalling, defenses calling out our offensive plays.

Face it.... I love the Niners and support them game in and game out, but they are an utter embarrassment. Bags on the heads doesn't mean you don't support the team. If you didn't, you wouln't go to the game in the first place.

Bags on the heads simply says this "I support this team but I'm expressing my extreme discontent with the state of this organization". It makes our voices heard and perhaps, if it gets airtime, ownership will react and try to make things right.

Players/coaches get paid to be caught up in this hoopla. As fans, we spend money on food, beer, tv packages, (in my case, trips across country for games) gear etc.

FOR WHAT? To watch this joke of a team bumble year in and year out? We're the ones who are truly being screwed in all of this, so it's up to us to let ownership know that it will not be accepted.

FIGHT BACK!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Anyone who thinks it's out of line or that we're "above it" is crazy. This team has been the laughing stock of the league for going on 8 years now. Players asked to be released, information leaks reveal PR scandals, pants dropping at halftime, mumbled offensive playcalling, defenses calling out our offensive plays.

Face it.... I love the Niners and support them game in and game out, but they are an utter embarrassment. Bags on the heads doesn't mean you don't support the team. If you didn't, you wouln't go to the game in the first place.

Bags on the heads simply says this "I support this team but I'm expressing my extreme discontent with the state of this organization". It makes our voices heard and perhaps, if it gets airtime, ownership will react and try to make things right.

Players/coaches get paid to be caught up in this hoopla. As fans, we spend money on food, beer, tv packages, (in my case, trips across country for games) gear etc.

FOR WHAT? To watch this joke of a team bumble year in and year out? We're the ones who are truly being screwed in all of this, so it's up to us to let ownership know that it will not be accepted.

FIGHT BACK!

Bump!

FIGHT BACK!

Bump!

FIGHT BACK!

Bump!

+1
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
please dont do that

You guys want to sit back and have nothing change then? Good idea. Let's sit quiet and watch owernership ruin the next 5 seasons. Bad press will expedite change. It's necessary. Are we above it? We haven't had a winning season in 8 damn years. We're above nothing!

I agree. We haven't had a winning aseason anytime soon, and hell it don't look like it's going to happen this year. Were a mirror image to the raiders almost this is pathetic. FANS NEED TO SEND A MESSAGE
Share 49ersWebzone