LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

We're only 2 games out with 11 games (5 division games) left to play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With all the difficulties and problems we've had, the division is still within the team's reach.

Not being a homer. Simply telling what it is...
we lose at least one to each division rival.
I'm not sure this team could beat the Rams at St. Louis or @ home for that matter.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
With all the difficulties and problems we've had, the division is still within the team's reach.

lets not f**king worry about playoffs or winning Division , lets win one game first then worry about s**t like that !
i still think 8 or 9 wins is possible, for us to play NO and ATL to the end means were not a horrible team. just means we need to stop beating ourselves
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looking at the schedule we should win 7, 8 games, but the way we're finding ways to lose games. I'd be surprised if we won 5 games.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we lose at least one to each division rival.

That's what I'm saying. This team will find ways to lose
We haven't won any games, lol.
Now this is truly a team.

Im listening to the radio, power 99fm, for the East Coasters.

And they put Mcnabb's talk to the team, this what was said, after his horrible day for 1td, 1int. a 60 QB rating, and 16 for 34 for 145yds.

"This is what defines a Team. Defense, you won the game for us today. I know the offense is struggling, and I only have 3 td's for the season, but the offense will get it together. This win tho is what defines a team, and we came together today and pulled out the win."

Just wow. Our QB threw two int's with 9:24 left to play in the 3rd quarter so game was far from over. The Skins D, and running game stepped up tremendously and they won. Why cant our team come thru like this. This is the biggest issue for our team.

If the offense isnt producing what it should, if we won the game 10-7, who cares because good and great teams all say the same thing. WE dont care if we win by 20 points or 1 pt. Just as long as we get the W its all that matters.

REgardless of yesterdays game, we had it won, after the Nate Clements INT. Then they got the ball back at i think the 10yd line. I knew in my heart, it's cool, cuz no way they'll get it down the field. Then what the D caves in, and they convert at least 3 key third downs, and thats ball game.

Why cant we have a game, where we go, D. Being that you are supposed to be the force in every game, thanks for winning it for us. But nah, with us it's damn, how could u let them catch that.

Oh well in this loss, i blame the team again. Because when one facet of the team isnt working, the others are supposed to step up. But it never happens and we always hurt ourselves in the end.

But as usual, Go NIners (maybe this week)

they have to win a game first

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol

oh and there's 12 games left

and this might be the first division to have a team win it with a losing record

9ers 7-9
rams 7-9
hawks 6-10
cards 5-11

• Baldie
  • Veteran

I like your thinking but with the Rams and Seattle playing okay, they will probably win more games than the Niners. On paper we have the talent to blow them away, but on the field we just don't know how to do it. We are always on the edge of winning but just can't get over it and thats season after season.

I just hope the talent we have now wants to stick around instead of pulling a Michael Lewis.
Are we playing 15 games this season?
I love the positive attitude of OP. But if you really want to see us win the division, the one and only way would be to get the obstacle, the one thing destroying this team, out of the way...and that would be firing BM, say, ah ...well, how about this morning? I have a very long and detailed explanation on how to proceed from there under "who do we blame for the ATL failure".

Firing JR was the best thing that happened to this team since he was hired. We are now half way there. Complete it, FIRE BM, and then we have a shot at trying to win the division title. But do it today or any chance at all for a comeback is lost.
Share 49ersWebzone