LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

A.Smith too many chances...T.Smith, no chances?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Racism
anything is better than alex smith
I say next season we should cut Alex Smith and David Carr and Draft a QB in the first round. Then We should have a three way QB Competion between Troy Smith, Nate Davis, and the 1st round draft pick. I would like to see us draft luck in the first round. I think we are in desperate need of a franchise QB who is a natural leader, shows poise in the pocket, and is clutch. If we draft Luck we should automatically sit him for one season because he only a sophmore out of college. Other than Luck I like Jake Locker because he is the one bright spot of a bad team; he makes players better. I would be content with either Luck or Locker as our 1st round QB pick. I just cant wait for Smith to be out of a niner uniform if he does poorly this season. A fresh start at QB will actually be refreshing
I'd love to see Carr step in and go the storybook route, leading this team to a dramatic turnaround and division title. I always liked Carr. Maybe he's far enough removed from the terror of his time in Houston. Who knows.

I've never thought Troy Smith had NFL-caliber skills, but then again I thought Alex did. Bottom line, we need to get something done at QB now if these coaches want to keep their jobs. And honestly, I'm afraid of who we'd hire if they get canned.
hell yeah i would love to see troY get a shot. anybody would be better than alex right now, i think i hear ryan leaf laughing his ass off saying WOW WHAT A BUST
Troy Smith is the best option we have at this point.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
He didn't start, but there was a black QB who played during the strike for the Phony Niners. I think he ran the option. I don't recall his name. I think it was a Monday Night game against the Giants in NJ. I seem to recall Bill Walsh and Bill Parcells exchanging glances over that one.

Mark Stevens was the QB.

Walsh ran the wishbone that day and Parcells had this "are you serious?" look when he looked at Walsh.

Walsh knew Parcells wouldn't be prepared for it and it worked.
Originally posted by ajl49sf:
hell yeah i would love to see troY get a shot. anybody would be better than alex right now, i think i hear ryan leaf laughing his ass off saying WOW WHAT A BUST

You can't be serious. And if you think Ryan Leaf is a good comparison to Alex Smith you should give up talking about football.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Just bench the Koach Killer

Just for the sake of not starting our 3rd QB, Singletary needs to promote Troy Smith to backup this week, give him few snaps this week...just in case.
Originally posted by Young9erFAN:
I support a Troy Smith start since we know what we have in both Alex and Carr. However, knowing the niner brass they won't start him because he lacks knowledge of the playbook.

As a result, the David Carr experiment will begin shortly...

LOL Well to be honest Alex doesnt know the playbook either .. So what harm can Troy do? David Carr is NOT the answer to ANYTHING.. they should of never signed him.. I think scott mccluless signed him as a gag knowing he was going to quit..
Share 49ersWebzone