LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Singletary's lie of the Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Weak. Sing's alleged strengths are his leadership and straight-talk. This, again, calls both into question.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP GETTING MAD AT SINGLETARY FOR NOT THROWING HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS, what do you want him to say? he sucks and needed to be replaced?

your caps are on.

who's mad now
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by MBniner:
I really think Singeltary isn't that bright; he's terrible in interviews and says the same sh*t over and over, even if it's irrelevant. What a poor hire this is turning out to be; and no one, including me saw it coming. I was really excited about him, and didn't realize his shortcomings would be such a huge issue.

good point
Originally posted by Shaj:
I honestly don't think this is Sing lying. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. His coaches are making all the play by play and personnel calls, so he's just watching it on the field like you and I are. I'm sure the decision to pull Rachel wasn't his call, he just assumed or didn't even know why it happened. The only decisions Sing makes are timeouts and going for it on 4th down.

this^^
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
I really think Singeltary isn't that bright; he's terrible in interviews and says the same sh*t over and over, even if it's irrelevant. What a poor hire this is turning out to be; and no one, including me saw it coming. I was really excited about him, and didn't realize his shortcomings would be such a huge issue.

good point

In this day and age, you need a sharp coach who understands X's and O's, not a motivational speaker. Motivation should come from the players themselves, ala VD or Takeo.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP GETTING MAD AT SINGLETARY FOR NOT THROWING HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS, what do you want him to say? he sucks and needed to be replaced?

your caps are on.

who's mad now

lol
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

good point

In this day and age, you need a sharp coach who understands X's and O's, not a motivational speaker. Motivation should come from the players themselves, ala VD or Takeo.

Like Phil Simms said on Inside the NFL, a coach can only give a motivational speech 2-3 times a season, if its more than that, the players stop listening.
  • gage
  • Veteran
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
I honestly don't think this is Sing lying. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. His coaches are making all the play by play and personnel calls, so he's just watching it on the field like you and I are. I'm sure the decision to pull Rachel wasn't his call, he just assumed or didn't even know why it happened. The only decisions Sing makes are timeouts and going for it on 4th down.

I sure hope that's not really the case. But if it is, changing coaches midseason would probably not really ruin any continuity since he really doesn't do anything anyways.
When he said Alex Smith played well.

Singletary was like 1 second away from crying. I almost feel bad for him, but then I realize he f**king sucks as a coach.
Shaj, much as I respect you, i am surprised to see you think BM is just letting his guys do their thing. I have said, since long ago, BM is a control freak and IS calling the O and D plays, and hence our O and D rate 31 and 32 in league. We know manusk is better than that,and have seen it. We also know,that 3 straight frank right, frank left, frank up the middle is right in the heart of BMs playbook. Hombre, on all the things we have agreed upon over the yrs, here we part ways. I refuse to believe MJ called 3 straight Franks. That is pure BM, or if you wish, bullscheisser.
This is a thread that will be added to or re-visited about once every week.

Singletary reminds me of a little boy .......

Basically, yeah.

They're grown men, they should be able to take it.
You still listen to that guy?
Share 49ersWebzone