LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Singletary's lie of the Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Asked why Chilo Rachal was pulled from the game in favor of Adam Snyder, Singletary - who was not sharp during the post-game presser - said it was due to injury. Rachal, however, wasn't part of the early injury report. On the play before he was pulled, Rachal allowed pressure up the middle on a third-down play in which Smith was forced to throw the ball away.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/singletary-im-s.html#ixzz11M30mi6D

I wonder if he will actually explain why Chilo got benched instead of just making stuff up and then looking stupid when he has time to think about it.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Asked why Chilo Rachal was pulled from the game in favor of Adam Snyder, Singletary - who was not sharp during the post-game presser - said it was due to injury. Rachal, however, wasn't part of the early injury report. On the play before he was pulled, Rachal allowed pressure up the middle on a third-down play in which Smith was forced to throw the ball away.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/singletary-im-s.html#ixzz11M30mi6D

I wonder if he will actually explain why Chilo got benched instead of just making stuff up and then looking stupid when he has time to think about it.

Mike "Omerta" Singletary. He's bound by the code of silence. Give him a tough question and your job is on the line...
I really think Singeltary isn't that bright; he's terrible in interviews and says the same sh*t over and over, even if it's irrelevant. What a poor hire this is turning out to be; and no one, including me saw it coming. I was really excited about him, and didn't realize his shortcomings would be such a huge issue.
Did anyone notice his lie during the week?

Asked if it means anything that Taylor Mays is getting 1st team reps in practice, he said "No, it doesn't mean anything. Reggie Smith knows the defense more, so we're giving Taylor Mays the reps."

I knew that was a lie. Is he trying to "trick" the opponent?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I honestly don't think this is Sing lying. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. His coaches are making all the play by play and personnel calls, so he's just watching it on the field like you and I are. I'm sure the decision to pull Rachel wasn't his call, he just assumed or didn't even know why it happened. The only decisions Sing makes are timeouts and going for it on 4th down.
Originally posted by highwayone:

Asked if it means anything that Taylor Mays is getting 1st team reps in practice, he said "No, it doesn't mean anything. Reggie Smith knows the defense more, so we're giving Taylor Mays the reps."

Hopefully this means Troy Smith will be getting reps with the starting team this Wednesday.
I might be the only person in NT that is pro Sing.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I honestly don't think this is Sing lying. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. His coaches are making all the play by play and personnel calls, so he's just watching it on the field like you and I are. I'm sure the decision to pull Rachel wasn't his call, he just assumed or didn't even know why it happened. The only decisions Sing makes are timeouts and going for it on 4th down.
its ok if he lied about chilo, maybe he hadn't had achance to tell him he was being cut this week.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Youre probably the only person in the world right now that is pro Sing...

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by highwayone:

Hopefully this means Troy Smith will be getting reps with the starting team this Wednesday.
asked if he was still optimistic of turning things around, sing lied, said "yes"

was he lieing for saying "yes"
Are you guys suggestion that the Coach should be throwing players under the bus and taking the guesswork out of our opponents' game planning by being honest and forthcoming with reporters? Since when have HCs been known for that kind of behavior?
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Youre probably the only person in the world right now that is pro Sing...

wait, don't forget Alex.
YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP GETTING MAD AT SINGLETARY FOR NOT THROWING HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS, what do you want him to say? he sucks and needed to be replaced?
Share 49ersWebzone