LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
I heard that. I will say I've been impressed overall by Solari's work with this line, particularly the 2 rooks. Outside of Rachal, they've played pretty well. Much better than last season. If the right new HC and QB, this could be a Jets-like line next season.

ya im happy with how the rooks are progressing. thats where singletary is the problem. rachal is one of his projects. snyder has played well at guard when he's been in and he always goes back to rachal. im pretty sure thats sing and not rachal, he meddles in this s**t more than we know.

I would agree. Too bad as I like Sing as a dude. This is why we need a coach that lets his position coaches sort of the depth chart for their positions. I just think about every season of Hard Knocks. All the coaches in the meeting room going over the roster. I just don't think that happens here.
awesome
The sky is falling, the sky is falling, oh no the sky is falling...... Had Nate not fumbled most of yall would love Sing right about now.

Let's go Sing I'm still down with you.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling, oh no the sky is falling...... Had Nate not fumbled most of yall would love Sing right about now.

From Yahoo Sports:

Sadly, one can only wonder if the 49ers were trained how to handle the situation.

Up 14-13 at the time, the 49ers didn’t need to score again. In fact, scoring a touchdown there would have put San Francisco up eight points and given Atlanta a chance to tie. The 49ers could have gotten the ball with 1:20 remaining, forced Atlanta to use its timeouts and/or run out the clock.

When Singletary was asked what he would have done in that situation, he said, “That’s an unfair question.” Perhaps, but Singletary knows the best strategy play is to fall down rather than score. If Singletary knows that, Clements should also have known.

This kind of stuff is what is lacking with Singletary; great motivator, but not a great coach, unfortunately.
Funny that it is OCs, coaches, GMs fired every year...but yet one of the main reasons they have sucked for so long is being in denial about what kind of quarterback they need to pull them out of the land of poor inconcistent offensive play. They need a spark behind center. A playmaker. Someonme you can count on 3rd down, as opposed to someone you always think, "how is he going to screw up this 3rd down opportunity?"

I'd like to thank Coach Mike Smith very much for kicking our tails.

It was good medicine and we're going to take it.

I'd also like to thank Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, Todd Haley...
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

Dude...that would have been a worrisome game for any fans that are not kool aid drinkers, even if they won. The offense was horrible, and that is a trend that has been continuing for years now.
Singletary the player = BEAST
Singletary the coach = DOUCHE
It's best Singletary completes this season as HC. It would have given him one last chance to prove himself...assuming (BIG IF) we make the playoffs.
Also, we don't have a choice, & this is the bigger factor. Plus, who knows how the York's react end of this season?

Singletary said (two days before he fired Jimmy Raye), that he didn't see any OC changes coming. Then he had the late night revelation.
Yesterday, he said he had no thoughts about pulling Alex during the game. I wonder what he would do later this week...some night?
i just don't see how anyone could possibly see that bigmike's (BMs) job is safe. I have said many posts ago he is one more Loss from being fired. Unfortunately that should have been last yr, but going back further, when he was hired, i was sick. Here's my silver lining. After ericson, donashole, noln, BM...this time, maybe the jedi will say, "sheez, my team is embarrassing me, and we are going down the toilet." Maybe, just maybe the kid born with the silver spoon in his mouth will see to it that baalke hires a real OC at yrs end, and maybe jed even sees that HC has to be an OC.
Other than that, i would bust my azz if i were in jed's shoes, to get parcells here for a yr, for a month , for a week...just to learn all the ways jed has screwed up...and signing BM as HC was his greatest blunder of all.

I really like drafting 8 and keeping them all...i think baalke may be the real deal. NOw he just needs to concentrate on finding the best OC in pro ball, and bringing him here to right this ship before it sinks beneath the waves. Firing BM immediately should be jeds priority. Letting Manusk and MJ finish out the yr with no HC is way better than having a loser like BM at the controls. Look, BM has failed. Staying here til end of season isn't going to teach him how to become a HC. Time for that was yrs ago, and he took a pass on it. We reap the whirlwind, a total destructive loss...of pride, of team value, of loss of lockeroom, or confidence in our coaching staff, and ultimately, of good heads up play on the field. BM has stuck a dagger in this team's heart. [b]His job is anything BUT safe.[/b]

But just because he is safe for now does not mean he is safe beyond this year. Even if the 49ers were to snap their losing streak, turn around their season and win their division, people familiar with the situation said there are no assurances that Singletary would return even though he has two years remaining on his contract after this season.

I always wonder who these people actually are? How can I get a hold of them?
  • dj43
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
i just don't see how anyone could possibly see that bigmike's (BMs) job is safe. I have said many posts ago he is one more Loss from being fired. Unfortunately that should have been last yr, but going back further, when he was hired, i was sick. Here's my silver lining. After ericson, donashole, noln, BM...this time, maybe the jedi will say, "sheez, my team is embarrassing me, and we are going down the toilet." Maybe, just maybe the kid born with the silver spoon in his mouth will see to it that baalke hires a real OC at yrs end, and maybe jed even sees that HC has to be an OC.
Other than that, i would bust my azz if i were in jed's shoes, to get parcells here for a yr, for a month , for a week...just to learn all the ways jed has screwed up...and signing BM as HC was his greatest blunder of all.

I really like drafting 8 and keeping them all...i think baalke may be the real deal. NOw he just needs to concentrate on finding the best OC in pro ball, and bringing him here to right this ship before it sinks beneath the waves. Firing BM immediately should be jeds priority. Letting Manusk and MJ finish out the yr with no HC is way better than having a loser like BM at the controls. Look, BM has failed. Staying here til end of season isn't going to teach him how to become a HC. Time for that was yrs ago, and he took a pass on it. We reap the whirlwind, a total destructive loss...of pride, of team value, of loss of lockeroom, or confidence in our coaching staff, and ultimately, of good heads up play on the field. BM has stuck a dagger in this team's heart. [b]His job is anything BUT safe.[/b]
I still think it is a bit premature to be talking about firing him during the season. Everyone knew this would be a very tough stretch of the schedule. It would be made even tougher by all the new players in the OL. I recall quite a few writers saying that if everyone would stay patient through the first five games, they might be rewarded beginning in game six.

I think that is still a good idea.

Back to the question; there is no one to replace him. The staff doesn't have any obvious choices here to elevate to HC. The only obvious choice is to leave him in charge for the balance of the season and then have a replacement ready to sign the day after the season ends. Let's hope it is a guy who knows offense.
He needs to resign.
I think the team needs to let coach singletary finish out this year. The team is in a deep hole right now, but there are flashes of promise. The loss to New Orleans and Atlanta were results of player errors, not coaching errors. The problem with the 49er organization is that they keep firing people every year, and there is no time to build a foundation. You look at a lot of successful teams and their head coaches have been around for awhile, regardless of losing seasons. The turnovers are there, and as long as we keep turning the ball over, then I can only blame the players not the head coach.
i think he should be fired or at least be on the hot seat

for a guy to come in and say "we are not a charity, wont turn the ball over"

he hasnt corrected that problem in two years

reason why the players like him

lack of game planning = less work = same money
Share 49ersWebzone