LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by cortana49:
We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.

Why? Can Sing NOW and bring in a truly interim head coach. Siefert, or some other retired HC with no real interest in staying. It has been done before. Then go get a real HC.

We have tried the "re-tead" Ericson
We have tried the "up and coming" coordinator, Nolan.
We have tried the Hire from "with in" Singletary, whats eft?

Hire a great college coach, Harbaugh?

You think Harbaugh is just gonna drop everything at Stanford right away and come coach the Niners?
Breaking News: Jed called Sing after game. See below for conversation transcript.

Sing: Hello?
Jed: Mike, you're fired.
Sing: What?!?!
Jed: Nothing... See you tomorrow.
LOL!^^
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.

Why? Can Sing NOW and bring in a truly interim head coach. Siefert, or some other retired HC with no real interest in staying. It has been done before. Then go get a real HC.

You think Harbaugh is just gonna drop everything at Stanford right away and come coach the Niners?

Sure it is the NFL thats what every coach dreams of, and the 49er personnel fit his style very well, so yea why not?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Gruden for HC, new QB and add some speed and playmakers in the draft. The we take the West
Anyone who wants a college coach is nuts IMO. Give me a proven coach. Gruden please.
Originally posted by rawdel:
Breaking News: Jed called Sing after game. See below for conversation transcript.

Sing: Oh okay, i thought you said i'm tired?
Jed: I did?
Sing: I 'll need to watch the film on that one!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Sure it is the NFL thats what every coach dreams of, and the 49er personnel fit his style very well, so yea why not?

when the college season is over we will know

How many GREAT college coaches pan out in the NFL? To me, it more of the same thing we've been doing - experimenting. Enough of the fcking with unknowns and lets deal with known commodities for once. Please.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Gruden for HC, new QB and add some speed and playmakers in the draft. The we take the West

This! The team is built. The Qb is all thats missing...still a huge piece of the puzzle though lol

Originally posted by Byisgod:
Anyone who wants a college coach is nuts IMO. Give me a proven coach. Gruden please.

Bill Walsh was a college coach, and Dennis Ericson was a proven NFL coach? Sure Ericson was proven to suck, but whatever!
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Bill Walsh was a college coach, and Dennis Ericson was a proven NFL coach? Sure Ericson was proven to suck, but whatever!

Still. I'd rather have certainty.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by rawdel:

Sing: Oh okay, i thought you said i'm tired?
Jed: I did?
Sing: I 'll need to watch the film on that one!

Jed: Mike?
Mike: Yeah Jed.
Jed: Do you see us turning this around? Our new stadium depends on it.
Mike: No.
Jed: Okay, just asking.
[ Edited by rawdel on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:
the Sad thing is this

What also helps Singletary's staying power is that the 49ers do not have a logical head-coaching successor on staff that they would be confident to promote to interim head coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5644271

Sad totally sad.

Sources also said that Raye would be our coordinator after last weeks game...

Just sayin
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

How many GREAT college coaches pan out in the NFL? To me, it more of the same thing we've been doing - experimenting. Enough of the fcking with unknowns and lets deal with known commodities for once. Please.

I thought what the hell we've tried every thing else? retread, up and commer, and hired from within so whats left to try?
Share 49ersWebzone