LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the Sad thing is this

What also helps Singletary's staying power is that the 49ers do not have a logical head-coaching successor on staff that they would be confident to promote to interim head coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5644271

Sad totally sad.
Its because we have an ownership that lacks,

We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.
i'm not sure what firing singletary midseason would accomplish. there's no one to replace him with. if we're going to make a change at HC that change will come after the season anyway.
I don't see a point in letting him go. We have no one to fill the spot.

Mike Johnson: A Jimmy Raye clone. Who the hell calls 3 draws in a row??? Then a run up the middle on 2nd and 22??? WTF spread offense did you study son???

Greg Manusky: Probably the only real candidate. Don't see him having any type of success as head coach. I think he's a clone of Singletary but just with a little more experience as a DC.

We have no one. Lets just hope we draft a QB next year,
Originally posted by miked1978:
I don't see a point in letting him go. We have no one to fill the spot.

Mike Johnson: A Jimmy Raye clone. Who the hell calls 3 draws in a row??? Then a run up the middle on 2nd and 22??? WTF spread offense did you study son???

Greg Manusky: Probably the only real candidate. Don't see him having any type of success as head coach. I think he's a clone of Singletary but just with a little more experience as a DC.

We have no one. Lets just hope we draft a QB next year,

sad
Originally posted by cortana49:
We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.

This! although Sing could likely save a lot of face with a QB change. I honestly think any of our QBs could do better than Smith...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah let him coach out the year. This season is wasted already.
Doesn't necessarily mean he wont be fired at the end of the year. This season's pretty much a lost season anyways. Don't see how an interim coach would improve things much.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i'm not sure what firing singletary midseason would accomplish. there's no one to replace him with. if we're going to make a change at HC that change will come after the season anyway.

I agree. I think we still have a chance at winnning the west.
We always play tough at home and with Vick out we have a chance of winning against the Eagles and the Raiders. NFC west is still wide open and we might only have to win 8 games to win it.

Originally posted by cortana49:

Why? Can Sing NOW and bring in a truly interim head coach. Siefert, or some other retired HC with no real interest in staying. It has been done before. Then go get a real HC.

We have tried the "re-tead" Ericson
We have tried the "up and coming" coordinator, Nolan.
We have tried the Hire from "with in" Singletary, whats eft?

Hire a great college coach, Harbaugh?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Doesn't necessarily mean he wont be fired at the end of the year. This season's pretty much a lost season anyways. Don't see how an interim coach would improve things much.

Yeah there isn't another option.

Did the Lions fire their coach during the season when they went winless?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Yup, it's pointless to fire Sing even if we think he deserves to be. We'll have to wait until the offseason for major changes.
there is no reason to fire sing right now, we dont really have any replacements. if anything, we shoud FIRE manusky, his defense sucks ass
sources, sorcerors, saucers, their all the same - always coming up with stuff
Share 49ersWebzone