There are 286 users in the forums

The NFL's # 1 Defense Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Sammi sweet heart lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
You know a team sucks when your two starting wrs run 4.7 in the 40 yard dash.

I believe Rice was a 4.65, for the record.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
Wake up people. The defense sucks and Willis is overrated. Hes not Ray Lewis.

Get a clue dude. The problem isn't Willis. He's one of the few bright spots on this team. You clearly don't understand defensive schemes. You're probably one of those guys that thinks we should blitz him on every play.
To a certain point, the poster does have a valid point. For years, the Niners have suffered from extremely poor play from their Safties. This year is no different.

Unfortunately, Taylor Mays isn't ready to start and I'm still not sure if he was a smart draft choice. Time will tell.
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but our D-Line took a major step back this year so far. A. Franklin seems to be showing that he was a one year wonder by doing a poor job of anchoring the line and keeping the those guards off of our LB's. He was out played vs an aging Chiefs Center. Smith seems, but maybe he is aging because last year he was good for 5 pressures a game easily. Soap looks a little more lean, but he also isn't setting the point of attack as well. Do you guys think this is why Patrick Willis isn't looking as dominant this year?
First off its good to be back on here i was bambam52 but anyways..

Every Defense has one game in a season when they dont have they A-game , ok we got whooped by the chiefs , but this is the same defense that slowed down the WORLD CHAMPS ON NATIONAL TV!!! the problem on our team is the offense , i have no worries bout our defense, if our offense would of played decent against seattle and kc we would be a great 2-1 or 3-0
Ladies and Germs:

A moment of silence please for nyc49erking. He will not be creating any new posts.

He has been BANNED from the BOARD.

This is his last surviving thread -- his work on display.

Let the mourning commence.

nyc49erking, we hardly knew ya...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by STNiner:
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but our D-Line took a major step back this year so far. A. Franklin seems to be showing that he was a one year wonder by doing a poor job of anchoring the line and keeping the those guards off of our LB's. He was out played vs an aging Chiefs Center. Smith seems, but maybe he is aging because last year he was good for 5 pressures a game easily. Soap looks a little more lean, but he also isn't setting the point of attack as well. Do you guys think this is why Patrick Willis isn't looking as dominant this year?

Franklin is fine. Spikes is too slow to eat blocks and Willis ends up trying to shed some blocks that he shouldn't be.
You can never truly judge our D because of the sh!tshow we put out every week on offense.
D Line is not our issue. We got issues but that aint one of them.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Ladies and Germs:

A moment of silence please for nyc49erking. He will not be creating any new posts.

My latest favorite new poster did not last.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You make me feel ashamed to be black.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Ladies and Germs:

My latest favorite new poster did not last.

i only read two of his posts and hated him
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ritchie:
Originally posted by Shaj:
We have a good defense, but it also got some of their stats in bunches against bad teams. We are not as good as our ranking last year, but we are still pretty good. I think Haralson needs to get bumped for Brooks though. I'm not totally sold on Sopoaga either. If all we need him to do is hold the line of attack, I guess he's doing his job, but we are getting a lot more production out of his counterpart, Justin Smith.

The funny thing is, if we could have hired and kept Nolan as our DEFENSIVE coach, we'd be even better. It turns out he is a really good defensive coach. I always thought he was in the right place at the right time with Baltimore, but it looks like he deserves some credit.

Its not funny at all Shaj. I don't want Mike Nolan anywhere near this football team.
If I could have a football team restraining order it would be to Mike Nolan to stay away...stay far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.

As bad as he was (and I woudln't want him as a HC again), he was better than Sing. At least he understood some part of how to game plan and make adjustments. He also has done very, very well as a DC before and after his niner stints. I think if Alex had played lights out from his rookie year, Nolan would still be our coach though.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
the 49ers defense doesn't suck but they are overhyped IMHO. They are inconsistent in pressuring the QB, suck and I mean SUCK against screens and swing passes to RB's and the Safeties are never in position to prevent the big play. The only thing they have going is being pretty good against the run.

Overplayed & tired...maybe
Share 49ersWebzone