LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

I was pretty surprised to see before this game that we were 10th in Defense for both yards and points allowed, so I don't think Manusky should go. Sure things aren't perfect but that's a damn good job considering the circumstances.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Eddie D's right about Jed making some tough decisions after the season, then he'll bring in a legit GM who should be allowed to hire the best experienced head coach available. I hope that guy's Gruden, but anyone who understands 21st century offenses would be a huge step in the right direction. The new head coach will bring in his own staff, so most of what we have now will be gone, including DC.

Won't happen jed and the 2 other won't share there power. That's a problem we don't have a leader in the front office, jed is young and he has to know by now he needs a guy that can fix his front office before he can fix his team. But we have a numbers guy, a college scout, and a very young President. lol now it all would sound great if that was one guy like a normal team. but no were the niners and have to do it backwards.

They won't give up the power and the only way it happens if jed goes wait i love this team but im not the best football guy. he's got to see his own weakness and find a guy that has what jed is missing. Like Eddie did he had a great front office and a great head coach which lead to having a great team.

So here's to hoping we get a great g.m so he can higher a great coach. but this is the niners and im not holding my breath.
I don't think so. I've been saying for years that until we decide to FULLY address our lack of a pass rush, the results is always going to be the same (we get burned by the long ball). Everyone is clamoring for "more speed" in the secondary, ignoring the fact that we've been drafting and signing corners for years.

I actually like Manusky and think our next coach should give serious thought to keeping him. And out front office needs to get with it and get us some pass rushing LB's.
i would hope a def coordinator would stop the offsides plays, and the safeties constantly biting on fakes and letting receivers get behind them...both have been ongoing for 49ers entire season, showing a lack of discipline
It sucks that the entire football world knows what are bad at, and that's exactly what the packers are good at, so we knew exactly what they were gonna do, and that's exactly what they did.... Makes sense right? I say we fire everybody.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Manusky should go....

Reasoning:

All the Packers had to do adjust to our defense was to go no-huddle and have Rodgers screw around with the pre-snap cadence.

1. It caught us unprepared

2. It got us offsides on several occasions, and started to make our pass rush hesitate

3. It forced us to prematurely give up our blitz reads, and Rodgers made quick on the fly blitz reads that burned us immediately for big yardage.

The common thread in all this.....preparation and adjustment. The preparation was poor when Niners were so badly thrown off by something as run-of-the-mill as the no-huddle. They should be coached to handle that...it's all a part of the preparation. They should be coached on reading snap cadences...and they should know how to be disciplined enough to not give away blitzes. If they were better prepared, they'd even have a counter ready.....like audibling out of the blitz and back into coverage.
All of our coaches suck.

We need a FULL house cleaning this offseason.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
All of our coaches suck.

We need a FULL house cleaning this offseason.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea...lets fire him too because our defense had one bad game.

A few bad games but whose counting............
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea...lets fire him too because our defense had one bad game.

Sea was pretty bad

Yep it sure was, do you know why? Because of the offense. The defense has held close in both Seattle and KC for longer than they should have, until the continued offensive ineptitude has left them worn out and playing far too much. If the D doesn't get a break how the hell are they supposed to stop anyone forever?

I would agree accept good defenses like the Ravens and Steelers can old offenses even if they are on the field all day

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
His defense was shredded into oblivion yesterday.

#1 run defense haha hell no.

I would think that whatever HC we bring in next year will decide if he is worth keeping.
Yes
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I was pretty surprised to see before this game that we were 10th in Defense for both yards and points allowed, so I don't think Manusky should go. Sure things aren't perfect but that's a damn good job considering the circumstances.

Stats don't win games, is there a stat that shows how many 4th q leads were lost the last 2-3 seasons because manusky gets outcoached at the end of every game?

OR how when our season was on the line last year he put a bum from detroit 1 on 1 with no safety help and that guy got burned, and setup the game winning fg against SEA?

Or today when a 7th rd rookie who rarely plays covering GB's #1wr on 3rd and goal.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Dec 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM ]
yes, clean f**king house! Get rid of all of these inept wannabe NFL coaches and start over.
That's for the new HC to decide.
Share 49ersWebzone