LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Kansas City Chiefs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
please let gruden or harbaugh be the next 9ers coach
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by kray28:
Disagree with Bruce about Smith though.

Alex Smith is not the problem.

He's not THE problem, he's ONE OF THE problems.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner, brilliant!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

Lets give Carr a shot to see who's right.

You mean the most sacked QB in the NFL over the last 5 seasons?

Carr is not going to be an upgrade on Smith.

The OC needed to get a clue early on about what would work against the Chiefs. He didn't. They stuck with the same vanilla game plan and continued shooting themselves in the foot when they got any kind of momentum.

Defensively, we played one of the worst defensive games I've seen in a while. Our defense was a sieve....with high school caliber tackling early on, and then Manusky failing to adjust to the screens.

We're going to continue to get these screens thrown at us until we prove to our opponents that we can stop them.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Gruden's a proven pro coach, Harbaugh is a local homer pick. Good in college doesn't mean anything to me.

Yes; he is A problem; amongst a few others. He is not a playmaker and is too inaccurate to compensate for his inability to conistenly make plays. The problem is that this teamdid not have the courage to acquire better talent at the QB postion when it had a chance to or did not properly prepare the talent it has. Don't worry though; this team will not bench Alex. If he throws 2 TD's and 2 ints in the next game and they lose again, the coaching staff and some fans will maintain that "he is not the problem" and once again use another excuse. Sorry, I can't feel bad for this team whenit had the opportunity to improve; yet refuses to.

Gruden's a proven pro coach, Harbaugh is a local homer pick. Good in college doesn't mean anything to me.
i hope singletary fires himself..
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

no on harbaugh...YES on gruden!
where's the press conferences at!
Jed needs to call in Sing and tell him that he needs to fire Raye. If Sing doesn't want to do it then Jed should do it himself and also consider getting rid of Sing.

Originally posted by niners94:

Lets give Carr a shot to see who's right.

You mean the most sacked QB in the NFL over the last 5 seasons?

Carr is not going to be an upgrade on Smith.

The OC needed to get a clue early on about what would work against the Chiefs. He didn't. They stuck with the same vanilla game plan and continued shooting themselves in the foot when they got any kind of momentum.

Defensively, we played one of the worst defensive games I've seen in a while. Our defense was a sieve....with high school caliber tackling early on, and then Manusky failing to adjust to the screens.

We're going to continue to get these screens thrown at us until we prove to our opponents that we can stop them.

Regarding Carr - I'm not so sure we should be definitively defending Smith. Given our recent performances, I'm not sure how playing Carr is not a legitimate option. We may as well see what he can do. We already KNOW what Smith can do.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ttime1:

Yes; he is A problem; amongst a few others. He is not a playmaker and is too inaccurate to compensate for his inability to conistenly make plays. The problem is that this teamdid not have the courage to acquire better talent at the QB postion when it had a chance to or did not properly prepare the talent it has. Don't worry though; this team will not bench Alex. If he throws 2 TD's and 2 ints in the next game and they lose again, the coaching staff and some fans will maintain that "he is not the problem" and once again use another excuse. Sorry, I can't feel bad for this team whenit had the opportunity to improve; yet refuses to.

Which QB do we have on the roster that can any of these things you say that Alex can't?

Playcalling is the problem.
i am depressed and embarrassed.

I can't believe this team was supposed to win the NFC West....
the only realistic thing right now is getting a new OC and perhaps a new HC. benching smith and let carr starting against the falcons??? are u kidding me? alex showed a good performance against the saints...so he is not the biggest problem by far.
At this point I would rather see troy Smith. At least there is a hope for improvement . We already know what Carr brings to the table, not much.
Share 49ersWebzone