There are 223 users in the forums

Lets take a vote. San Francisco Vs. Kansas City. W or L?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lets take a vote. San Francisco Vs. Kansas City. W or L?

If we lose, it will be because we will beat ourselves. We need to score points early to silence that damn crowd. As I said with the NO game, if we are down by halftime, we are likely going to lose. The D does not have the ability to step up when needed to, and our offense is not good enough to climb out of a hole.

Smith needs to keep improving and play as he did in the first half of SEA and the NO game. I have watched both KC games, and they have won by making less mistakes than the other team. Their offense is not that good, and that includes Cassel. Their defense and ST appears to be the strong point for the team.

Not to sound like a homer, but if we don't shoot our remaining toes off, we should win by a good margin...
Originally posted by oreck16:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by oreck16:
87% silver lining homers

The Chiefs will win the AFC West

LOL
yeah, they didn't beat the Chargers or anything

LOL

They sure did beat the Chargers but their offense is horrible. They have no passing game, they wont keep this up for the entire season

They have a solid D and an awesome special teams but their O cant move the ball
Wow! I can't believe the optimism here. History shows that the Niners do not play well at Arrowhead Stadium. We've been blown out there several times in the past. I think this team is very physically talented, but it doesn't have the mental discipline or composure to win games like this on the road. I think Singletary has been so focused on being physically tough, he has forgotten that mental preparation is equally important at the NFL level.
one thing we can certainly do is stop the run...which is the chiefs strength, when we stop charles and jones, we force cassel to try to beat us..ha, good luck with that, we get our first win of the season

SF 20 KC 6
I we can somehow score more points than them, I believe we can win.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

NINERS WIN!!!
LETS GO ALEX!!!!

*52*

hahaha Thanks dude!!
I stated in the preseason that I believed the Niners would fall into a hole early in the season and be 1-3 through the first four games. To me, the most important thing is for the team to hang together during these tough times. The second half of the season is going to be much easier.

My fear is that Singletary's greatest asset, his emotions, also becomes his worst liability. At some point, the players are going to tune him out if he lets his emotions get the best of him. And, from what I am seeing the past two weeks from interviews with the media, he is bordering on emotional instability. Reign it in, big man! This is a 16 game season.

P.S. I think the determining factor in this game will be special teams, and I see KC and their return game being a major problem for the Niners on Sunday, as well as communication problems on the OL with the deafening Arrowhead crowd.

Thinking something like Chiefs: 16-13. Prove me wrong, Niners.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I stated in the preseason that I believed the Niners would fall into a hole early in the season and be 1-3 through the first four games. To me, the most important thing is for the team to hang together during these tough times. The second half of the season is going to be much easier.

My fear is that Singletary's greatest asset, his emotions, also becomes his worst liability. At some point, the players are going to tune him out if he lets his emotions get the best of him. And, from what I am seeing the past two weeks from interviews with the media, he is bordering on emotional instability. Reign it in, big man! This is a 16 game season.

Excellent point. If the team can mentally weather the first part of the schedule, (and not go 0-4, because it the 2nd half of the season could be moot at that point) we should be okay.

But guys like Sing are so up and down that I'm not sure of our ability to do that.

P.S. I think the determining factor in this game will be special teams, and I see KC and their return game being a major problem for the Niners on Sunday, as well as communication problems on the OL with the deafening Arrowhead crowd.

So far with what we've seen are you in any kind of a panic mode and do you still see the playoffs this year?
IDK If you back at your history book we beat St Louis 35-0 after that "moral victory" against Minnesota.

Defensively KC struggles to stop the run. Offensively KC is one dimensial and stuffing the run is our speciality. Unless we have another turnover fest we should win this game pretty easily.

ALL ON THIS MY FRIEND......GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU

• Blitz
  • Veteran
I think the Niners continue putting it together this week. Last week was probably one of the most trying weeks for this young and aspiring team and yet they managed to hold it together and go out and play some good football. If there was ever a better alignment of stars for a complete regression it was Monday night, and yet, the meltdown didn't happen. I think they have weathered the worst of the storm, they can now jump out of the pressure cooker and it's all about just going out and playing the game now.

And then we have "luck", or "it". There is no doubt that the Niner's are due for luck to turn in their favor. At some point it will, and the Niner's are due. I saw a little of "it" starting to take over on Monday night. I think "it" continues to emerge on Sunday against KC.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If we lose, it will be because we will beat ourselves. We need to score points early to silence that damn crowd. As I said with the NO game, if we are down by halftime, we are likely going to lose. The D does not have the ability to step up when needed to, and our offense is not good enough to climb out of a hole.

Smith needs to keep improving and play as he did in the first half of SEA and the NO game. I have watched both KC games, and they have won by making less mistakes than the other team. Their offense is not that good, and that includes Cassel. Their defense and ST appears to be the strong point for the team.

Not to sound like a homer, but if we don't shoot our remaining toes off, we should win by a good margin...

Offense climbed out of a hole last week against a very good team. Pretty much did it all game long. Reminded me of the Marines... "adapt, overcome". Right now, this team can beat any other team in the league provided they play sound mistake free football. They didn't do that in Seattle, they improved tremendously with that against NO. They just need to keep building on it. I do not doubt they can take KC convincingly if they stop beating themselves.
Brandon Flowers is a bad ass DB.

Two great points. How will Smith and the o line handle the loud noise. they have shown that the crowd can take them out of the game. Let's see if the lines of communications hold up as well.

Yeah special teams is gonna be hge this game. The niners have been giving up big yardage in the return game every week. and the niners return game is still in shambles. I think the niners defense will dominate this game though and get the Niners a 23 to 10 victory.
Originally posted by PERUVIAN49ERS:
IDK If you back at your history book we beat St Louis 35-0 after that "moral victory" against Minnesota.

Defensively KC struggles to stop the run. Offensively KC is one dimensial and stuffing the run is our speciality. Unless we have another turnover fest we should win this game pretty easily.

ALL ON THIS MY FRIEND......GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU

Dang!

We've got a fan in Lima! Welcome Peruvian Fan!
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone