There are 209 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I say DHB after 3 weeks, and that sucks. Raiders at least looking competent.
Originally posted by kstolai:
I say DHB after 3 weeks, and that sucks. Raiders at least looking competent.

DHB had a clutch third down conversion late. Too bad Janikowski couldn't finish.
Ouch.
Quote:
Darrius Heyward-Bey was the first wide receiver drafted in 2009, going seventh overall to Oakland. Michael Crabtree was the second wide receiver drafted that year, going 10th overall to San Francisco. In their first two seasons in the league, Heyward-Bey and Crabtree have combined to catch 73 passes for 950 yards and three touchdowns -- less than the 87 passes for 1,035 yards and 11 touchdowns that Colts wide receiver Austin Collie has caught in the same time by himself. Collie was a fourth-round pick in 2009, going 127th overall to Indianapolis. Granted, he plays with one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. But for Collie to beat the combined output of the top two wide receivers from the same draft is stupefying.
Originally posted by swim4speed:
Crabtree did not look good, again. He helped cause that interception today by slipping out of his break. Damn it Crabtree! That's 4 interceptions that went your way!....this season.

In a season full of really big let-downs, Crabtree (so far at least) is the biggest.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by swim4speed:
Crabtree did not look good, again. He helped cause that interception today by slipping out of his break. Damn it Crabtree! That's 4 interceptions that went your way!....this season.

In a season full of really big let-downs, Crabtree (so far at least) is the biggest.

Are you surprised? Sadly, I'm not. I haven't liked this guy since draft day. When he told the reporter his biggest aspiration as a pro was having his own clothing line, I said, "Get the **** out of here!" Then the holdout... then the dropped balls... then the alligator arms... the guy is a loser. We could have had Orakpo who is an absolute pass rushing beast and I knew he would be!
At the end of the season I would expect that Crabtree will be on top.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

Read this.
Quote:
Darrius Heyward-Bey was the first wide receiver drafted in 2009, going seventh overall to Oakland. Michael Crabtree was the second wide receiver drafted that year, going 10th overall to San Francisco. In their first two seasons in the league, Heyward-Bey and Crabtree have combined to catch 73 passes for 950 yards and three touchdowns -- less than the 87 passes for 1,035 yards and 11 touchdowns that Colts wide receiver Austin Collie has caught in the same time by himself. Collie was a fourth-round pick in 2009, going 127th overall to Indianapolis. Granted, he plays with one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. But for Collie to beat the combined output of the top two wide receivers from the same draft is stupefying.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Read this.
Quote:

Yeah I wish we had one of the best QB's in the league , then I would say with more confidence that Crabtree would be ahead of Heward-Bey by the end of the season.

Read this.
Quote:

Yeah I wish we had one of the best QB's in the league , then I would say with more confidence that Crabtree would be ahead of Heward-Bey by the end of the season.

hAH This guy knows that WRs are only as good as their QB (Except Rice)...A. Smith blows. Its not like Manning has stellar lines. They have been a revolving door of linemen through that s**t, yet manning still excels. Hmm...?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Read this.
Quote:

hAH This guy knows that WRs are only as good as their QB (Except Rice)...A. Smith blows. Its not like Manning has stellar lines. They have been a revolving door of linemen through that s**t, yet manning still excels. Hmm...?

Sometimes when I watch the Colts highlights, I don't even think they NEED an offensive line. Manning gets rid of the ball before the players have barely had time to get out of their stance.

• Jiks

Read this.
Quote:

Mannings had the same OC since his rookie year. He probably knows the offense better than his coaches. Hmmm....? And this is not an "I love ALex post", just pointing something out. I believe Manning is still the leader in int's by a rookie as well.
DHB has had about 10 more passes come his way. I dont know the quality of passes DHB has gotten, but I know Crabtree's passes have been very poor.

I can understand with the combination of poor QB play and play calling, any WR would have poor numbers here
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
DHB has had about 10 more passes come his way. I dont know the quality of passes DHB has gotten, but I know Crabtree's passes have been very poor.

I can understand with the combination of poor QB play and play calling, any WR would have poor numbers here

Let's not forget that every wide receiver but crabs has been catching theirs. Not too mention the poor qb play u speak of only exists with Crabtree.

Who if I remember correctly was blasted by a teammate, coach pointed out the elephant in the room was exposed, and why becuz he missed all pre-season.

So the difference isn't soo much qb play, but lack of work time put in. Not a coincidence every other Wr is doing good except for him.

Nice try on blaming the qb tho. It's more Crabs fault than the qb.
U are over reacting. Crabs is hands down the best player. Raiders would swap them in a second.

I really hope your joking here . Maybe u met to say the 49ers would swap them in a second.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Let's not forget that every wide receiver but crabs has been catching theirs. Not too mention the poor qb play u speak of only exists with Crabtree.

Who if I remember correctly was blasted by a teammate, coach pointed out the elephant in the room was exposed, and why becuz he missed all pre-season.

So the difference isn't soo much qb play, but lack of work time put in. Not a coincidence every other Wr is doing good except for him.

Nice try on blaming the qb tho. It's more Crabs fault than the qb.

Yes , Craps isn't mentally rdy this year .The guy is falling down on a few routes . And he really has some bad hands . He was one of the leaders in dropped passes last year . Good rec run good routes and make some nice catches , Craps isn't doing either of the two , he is a major let down .
[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Oct 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone