LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ajanke:
we dont even throw him his usual 3-4 screen passes like we did last year. weird

probably because he is dropping everything. Or not getting open...in his defense he is getting double teamed quite a bit
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Alex Smith is not a WR friendly QB. He rarely likes to take shots down the field. Either he doesn't see them or he doesn't want to risk them or when he does, he is generally not accurate. He played great for 3 quarters on Monday, but you can't look at one game.

Crabtree played otustanding last year for hitting the field cold mid-season. I have faith in him that is based on past performance.

the offense itself is not WR friendly

Not entirely true, this offense calls for deep in routes and deep out routes. Those routes WRs rack up good yardage.

However you have to have accurate QB to make those throw.

ie. Troy Aikman, Philip Rivers
why don't you go take a look at how many 1,000 yard recievers Jimmy Rayes offense has produced.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/More-on-Crabtree-and-49ers.html

"As Sando and Biggs pointed out, in Raye’s 12 previous seasons as an offensive coordinator, only twice has a wide receiver reached 1,000 yards, and only twice has a wide receiver had more than 64 receptions. To put that in perspective, 22 receivers had more than 1,000 yards last season and 30 had more than 64 receptions."

Wow thats a real friendly WR offense...

yeah, but those teams never had great recievers or great quarterbacks either....
Do those numbers include pre-season?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Don't bother comparing Crab to DHB. Let's see who gets more catches - Crabtree or backup TE Byham. So far Crab has 3, and Byham has 2. (:
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I look for a nice game for Crabtree in KC
I think Crabs will catch on eventually. I mean there's no bias with him in regards to Smith. But at the same time, u have more confidence in those that spent the pre-season playing in most games.

LIke we used the same words with N. Davis, saying that he cant do nothing all summer, and expect to grasp everything once the season starts. and in Crabs case, he didnt play in pre-season at all. that chemistry that he and smith were working on all summer, could of been tweeked in the pre-season games.

But with all that time gone, it's like starting over from square one a bit.

He'll get it eventually i hope. But in the meantime it's not about just crabs, MOrgan and Davis seem to be the duos carrying us. But when Crabs does catch on 100%, he's gonna do some damage, in my opinion
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I think Crabs will catch on eventually. I mean there's no bias with him in regards to Smith. But at the same time, u have more confidence in those that spent the pre-season playing in most games.

LIke we used the same words with N. Davis, saying that he cant do nothing all summer, and expect to grasp everything once the season starts. and in Crabs case, he didnt play in pre-season at all. that chemistry that he and smith were working on all summer, could of been tweeked in the pre-season games.

He'll get it eventually i hope. But in the meantime it's not about just crabs, MOrgan and Davis seem to be the duos carrying us. But when Crabs does catch on 100%, he's gonna do some damage, in my opinion

If that's the case, then he should've been bad last season as well. But he was able to come in immediately and contribute 7-8 catches a game with around 80-100 yds. I don't understand the drop off this season.
Originally posted by Jabuke:

If that's the case, then he should've been bad last season as well. But he was able to come in immediately and contribute 7-8 catches a game with around 80-100 yds. I don't understand the drop off this season.

7 to 8 catches and 80 to 100 yards a game?

Try 4.36 catches and 56.81 yards a game.

Originally posted by redrathman:

7 to 8 catches and 80 to 100 yards a game?

Try 4.36 catches and 56.81 yards a game.

im stealing that gif

Haha... not even close. It was closer to half of those estimates. And the man only caught 2 TDs. Orakpo or Oher would have been much better selections. Crabtree has skills, but his attitude sucks. He'll have to overcome that if he wants to be anything in this league.

Are you the same poster from the 49ers Red Zone?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Haha... not even close. It was closer to half of those estimates. And the man only caught 2 TDs. Orakpo or Oher would have been much better selections. Crabtree has skills, but his attitude sucks. He'll have to overcome that if he wants to be anything in this league.

I agree with you ONLY cause we dont have a good QB who can make plays. we can have all probowl wr's and it wont matter... no qb
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

We heard the same argument about Vernon for years. We should have drafted Ngata. We should have drafted Michael Huff.

Receivers typically have a 3 year learning curve. You guys need to calm down.
dhb better stats again today
Crabtree did not look good, again. He helped cause that interception today by slipping out of his break. Damn it Crabtree! That's 4 interceptions that went your way!....this season.
Share 49ersWebzone