Overrated:
Dashon Goldson
Moran Norris
Parys Haralson

Underrated:
Manny Lawson
Delanie Walker
Jason Hill

For every good play Goldson makes he gets burnt 2 or 3 times. Hes better fitted for strong safety and I wouldn't be upset if next year our safeties are Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays.
Haralson just sucks and Ahmad Brooks should start instead of him since his OLB position is the primary pass rusher spot. Manny Lawson is way better than Parys.
Norris is kinda useless to this team. The offense looks so much better with Walker or Byham in there than him.
I want to see more 4 receiver sets with Crabs, Morgan, Zeigler, and Hill out there. This board is pretty split on him but he's always looked good when given a chance and that is a fact.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
The Lawson hate is sickening

the dude had a game clinching INT in his hands last night and couldn't come up with it
Originally posted by global_nomad:

the dude had a game clinching INT in his hands last night and couldn't come up with it

how could it have been game clinching if we didn't even have the lead at the end?
  • dj43

eh, that would have been on the NFL highlight reel of the year if Manny would have held that ball. When he turned on the ball it was down by his back hip while he was moving in the opposite direction. He only had time to get one hand on it. Even Randy Moss couldn't have held that ball.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

how could it have been game clinching if we didn't even have the lead at the end?

It was 14-9 at the time, if we got the ball back and scored another td, I doubt they could have come back from 21-9 down.
WHy all the Lawson hate?? No he's not a dominate pass rusher, but his coverage skills are as solid as they come. He's just a solid LB.. Not spectacular but good.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jays9ers:
WHy all the Lawson hate?? No he's not a dominate pass rusher, but his coverage skills are as solid as they come. He's just a solid LB.. Not spectacular but good.
He got some love from the announcers last night for the way he seals the corner on run plays. He was a stud.

Not to take off on a sidetrack but this 49er defense puzzles me. They talk about rushing the passer but quite a bit of what they do is to stop the run. If there really is a priority on rushing the passer, then they should create ways to get guys like Lawson into pass rush situations. Look at teams the rush the passer well and you can see much of it is by design, not just pure talent.
Originally posted by jays9ers:

I've never been a big Lawson fan, but I do think most fans strictly judge him by his "sack numbers", which is slightly unfair....because Lawson is a stud at run support and holds the edge extremely well, and yes his pass-coverage skills are very good for an OLB.

So I agree, he's solid, not spectacular.
Overrated:
Chilo Rachal -- Without him in our team played great. Dude is just not good.
Parys Haralson -- Why this missing tackle machine is starting over Ahmad Brooks, I don't know.
Dashon Goldson -- This guy is asking for a huge salary? Learn how to cover first, please. That pass defend on Colston at the end of the Saints game is just a microcosm of his terrible coverage ability. He could be GREAT if he learned better coverage.

Underrated
Josh Morgan -- 6th round pick, hands of glue. Yes he's slow. But he kept a LOT of drives alive last night.
Ahmad Brooks -- He's a baller with a nose for the QB. Start him over Haralson.
Shawntae Spencer -- I rarely see him getting beat, if ever. He is quietly becoming a great shutdown corner. Will be #1 with Nate gone.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Overrated:
Parys Haralson -- Why this missing tackle machine is starting over Ahmad Brooks, I don't know.
Dashon Goldson -- This guy is asking for a huge salary? Learn how to cover first, please. That pass defend on Colston at the end of the Saints game is just a microcosm of his terrible coverage ability. He could be GREAT if he learned better coverage.

Underrated
Josh Morgan -- 6th round pick, hands of glue. Yes he's slow. But he kept a LOT of drives alive last night.
Shawntae Spencer -- I rarely see him getting beat, if ever. He is quietly becoming a great shutdown corner. Will be #1 with Nate gone.

I got roasted here for saying that!

Originally posted by susweel:
Underrated

Michael Lewis
Jose Morgan
Issac Sopaga

Overrated

Manny Lawson
Alex Smith
Goldson

The Alex Smith inclusion is ridiculous. "Overrated"? Everyone dogs him. 1st overall pick? That was overrated ..... but now? today? did you watch the game?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Overrated:

Underrated

I got roasted here for saying that!

Not from me, homie. Dude's been getting better and better over the years.
Originally posted by Shaj:
My list below...not in any order. list yours.

Top 3 Overrated:
Dashon Goldson
Joe Staley
Moran Norris

Top 3 Underrated
Delanie Walker
Takeo Spikes
Dominique Zeigler
too soon to tell: Anthony Dixon (I have the feeling he's WAY better than anyone knows)

Staley is good. Walker is awful. All he does is fumble and drop the ball. I can't see what people see in him.
Overrated:

1. Manny Lawson - Can't shed a block to save his life
2. Dashon Goldson - Liability in coverage
3. Joe Nedney - No longer has range

Underrated:

1. Dominique Zeigler - Always makes the catch
2. Ricky Jean-Francois - Played great when Franklin was holding out
3. Frank Gore - No matter how much credit he gets, he deserves more
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Over:
Rachal
d. walker (as a KR)
Lawson (just an average starting OLB)

Under:
Brooks (should start for Lawson by week 5)
Morgan
Spencer

I can agree with this
Share 49ersWebzone