LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

49er Myths...fact or fiction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kolohe, much as i respect you, "alex HAS BEEN inconsistent". Let's see what happens with a real nfl OL in front of him. If he repeats this over and over, then it HAS been the lack of OL and the terrible OCoaching he has received. Right now, the jury is out, and hopefully we have seen a glimpse of the future. Should alex look consistently awful from here on out,then you are right. Let's start from here, okay? Anything from here on out IS alex, and i have no idea what the future holds. But i am finally betting on the kid, after no opinion for 5 yrs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex is inconsistent....FACT.

We're one game out of first place for our division FACT
  • kem99
  • Veteran
That's a lot of opinions but here's the thing...can you really draw any more "fact or fiction" conclusions from last night's game than you can from the first game? In either case, its just one game of data. To really evaluate your "49er myths", you need more game data before drawing conclusions.

I think you can say that for stretches of time, the 49ers are capable of being the superior team on the field. They did that for the first quarter and half against Seattle. They did that for different stretches of time against the Saints.

We can also say that the 49ers ability to control the game has been compromised by their tendency to fall victim to self-inflicted wounds. In Seattle, it was the failures in the red zone...missing Norris on the 4th and goal, getting the plays in late, taking the delay of game penalty on the second 4th and goal. Against the Saints, it was the botched shotgun snap that led to a safety, Walker's fumble in the redzone that cost them at least 3 points, Adams' muff of the punt, having to take a delay of game penalty coming out of a TV time out because Davis was late getting on the field.

We can also say that the 49ers are a different team on the road than they are at home. We saw that last year and certainly so far this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kolohe, much as i respect you, "alex HAS BEEN inconsistent". Let's see what happens with a real nfl OL in front of him. If he repeats this over and over, then it HAS been the lack of OL and the terrible OCoaching he has received. Right now, the jury is out, and hopefully we have seen a glimpse of the future. Should alex look consistently awful from here on out,then you are right. Let's start from here, okay? Anything from here on out IS alex, and i have no idea what the future holds. But i am finally betting on the kid, after no opinion for 5 yrs.

This is the thing, Smith always looks good or decent at home, but when hes on the road, hes like a little lost kid out there. Remember the last time he played in KC we were shut out 41-0, KC is a tough place to play in.

And s much as I'd love to be on the bandwagon, every time I get excited about him he shows his inconsistencies. So I've made it a point to just stay off the BW and see how this season plays out.

I'm a fan, just not a blind one, and no I don't think everything is his fault.
I see a list of things listed as fact or fiction, which in reality cannot be stated as either because they are opinions, assumptions, or subjective things.

Fact is, we are 0-2.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Thank you!

It's never Alex's fault with some people... Oh, and "in no particular order"

indeed. The entire team is. Well, except for gore and now VD and probably most of the Defensive front 7.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:50:24 ]
I stand by anything written above, and as a neutral observer on alex, i have said, CONSISTENTLY, to judge the kid once he has a good OL . He does,now. Let's see what he got. And i agree, kolohe, KC is an ugly memory.
Fact.... Niners starting placekickers almost always have first names that have 3 or 4 letters. Before Joe Nedney, the last Niners starting placekicker who didn't have 4 letters in their first name was Ray Wersching.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

I hope that stops, every time I see him play pretty well like he did Monday Night against the Saints he follows it with a stinker.

Originally posted by BobS:

I hope that stops, every time I see him play pretty well like he did Monday Night against the Saints he follows it with a stinker.

I hear you. You gotta start some where. Let's hope this is it.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by BobS:

I hear you. You gotta start some where. Let's hope this is it.

What are you guys talking about? Alex consistently sucked before. Let's hope he breaks that trend.
Slowly starting to turn into another "alex smith" thread lol...

Great post though Pasodoc9er!

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 21, 2010 at 20:54:48 ]
who the f**k is BM?
Ninerfan, BM is bigmike.
Share 49ersWebzone