Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I wish he would scramble more

Huh?

I dont know whats not to understand. He gained 20 yards on what seemed like his 1st runs of the year

Of the year? It's week 2.

It's not that complicated. He's saying he would prefer it if Alex would use his legs more when plays break down. He did it twice tonight and got a lot of yardage and kept the drive alive. Reminiscent of Young and Garcia it was.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

Brees didn't win the game for them, and Alex didn't lose it for us.

Littering every thread with your Alex Smith hate can be perceived as trolling. I'm just saying...
  • ZRF80

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just so many things went against us. The 2nd int that would probably have been right on target to Crabtree and the LB made a great play. The first one I don't know if it was the wind but it was wide and Gore got a hand on it.

We beat our selves for the 2nd time in 2 games. Now, to Alex Smith it was up there but there where games like vs Seattle and AZ on Monday night where we won the game (the AZ one he brought us on a GW drive).

I agree about the throw to Gore. Unfortunate it was tipped to a defender, but a poor throw regardless.

I also agree that the 2nd INT was simply a great play by the defender. It's football, and it's the defending champs who are great at forcing turnovers. Sometimes you can do well, but the other guy does a little better...
Originally posted by ZRF80:
1 TD 2 INTs.

Yeah I gotta agree. Doesnt really get any better for him than this. Good job Alex

Guess you just looked at stats and didn't watch the game.

Huh?

I dont know whats not to understand. He gained 20 yards on what seemed like his 1st runs of the year

wtf? what don't you undertand dude?

speak the english much?
He played pretty well tonight. Not sure if it was his best ever. Kudos to the O-line for giving up no sacks and the 5.5 average yards per rush.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by JedYork:
Put up some choices. I suggest:

2006 TNF game vs Seahawks

2006 season ender vs Broncos

He did throw for 300 plus yards last year in Seattle.

I wasn't refering to stats.

I was alluding more to those two games since they were come-from behind performances Smith had (and lead the team to a win). I suppose some of the near wins last year might be included as well (Houston, GB, Indy etc.)
Originally posted by Ang:

Brees didn't win the game for them, and Alex didn't lose it for us.

Littering every thread with your Alex Smith hate can be perceived as trolling. I'm just saying...

• SS2K8
  • Veteran
This is the happiest i've ever seen a forum after a loss. We just lost a close game against a good team the same way we've lost close games against good teams for the last 3 or 4 years. 0-2 and we're now heading to arrowhead and the georgia dome, and we still beat ourselves.

Your post is total BS. It wasn't the Stats that had people excited. It was the fire, the clutch play, and along with Gore, the fact that he carried the team tonight. You sir, are just a hater. You are the definition of a hater. Notice how most people looked objectively at Smith's performance last week (even the supporters, for the most part). Just wait till he has another bad game and then come back in to NT. You are a one trick pony, and tonight is not the night for that.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
1 TD 2 INTs.

Yeah I gotta agree. Doesnt really get any better for him than this. Good job Alex

You can't blame him on the Crabtree pick. Credit to the defensive lineman for tipping the ball. We put up 417 yards of offense and 22 points. It was a very good outing by Alex and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
People are forgetting the biggest thing here: Alex Smith was Accurate and made Franchise-quality throws when it counted. Take away those bad luck deflections and his QB rating would have been the best in the West this week.

Smith was vintage 2007 49ers vs Cards Alex Smith. Darting accurate throws, running out of the pocket when nothing is going on for the first down... wow.

Where has that armband been all this time!?

Huh?

OK. Let me expand. He didnt run very much last year either. For a supposedly athletic guy he doesnt scramble very much. Its interesting that both were to the left. As opposed to rolling right and throwing the ball away. Did I spell it out enough for you
The stats aren't too good but he actually looked like an NFL caliber QB on the game tying drive. I wish I could see more of that.
Share 49ersWebzone