LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

In my eyes, this was hands down the best game Smith has ever played, and I'll tell you why... He competed, and fought through adversity all night long, and gave this team a chance to beat the defending champs.

I have wavered on Smith, and I don't know what the future will bring, but tonight, he looked different. He was in command, he played with an edge, and didn't sulk and give up when he had plenty of chances to.

He threw the ball with accuracy. And yes he did have a couple of poor throws, but so does Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady in any given game.

He ran the ball and made some gutsy efforts on the game's most critical drive.

The result does not take away from an absolutely gutsy performance by Smith, who looked like he was the true leader on the field tonight.

Agree or disagree?
It's certainly up there. Especially considering who they played.
This was not garbage time production

His mistakes were costly....but a good performance that can be built apon
I wish he would scramble more
He played great great.. the only bad pass was the int on the pass to the frank gore, that was a tough catch to make and a bad pass..
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Huh?
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

Huh?

2 scrambles for first down. Instead of just throwing the ball away and waste a down.
This loss aint on #11
Put up some choices. I suggest:

2006 TNF game vs Seahawks

2006 season ender vs Broncos

Just so many things went against us. The 2nd int that would probably have been right on target to Crabtree and the LB made a great play. The first one I don't know if it was the wind but it was wide and Gore got a hand on it.

We beat our selves for the 2nd time in 2 games. Now, to Alex Smith it was up there but there where games like vs Seattle and AZ on Monday night where we won the game (the AZ one he brought us on a GW drive).
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

You weren't impressed with that last drive?
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

Huh?

I dont know whats not to understand. He gained 20 yards on what seemed like his 1st runs of the year
Was almost ready to quit on Smith when the game started but he played like a veteran qb today and not some inexperienced, full of excuses, no confidence one
This is was not garbage time stat padding performance. I like what I saw tonight and there is hope. At least we know he is capable and lets see him do this for the next 14 games before we crown him.

[ Edited by plinius9mm on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:25:03 ]
Share 49ersWebzone