There are 204 users in the forums

Don't tell me... show me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mad props to the 9ers tonight. I thought we were going to get killed. We played our butts off and lost to the champs.........no shame in that. But its time we stop all the talking and blaming and come out and do what we are capable of doing. Let's go 9ers.. short week let's get it done against the chefs.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
gotta win this week. it was a great game. too bad we lost but that was one of the most enteraining games ive seen in a while. w/out the tos we blow them out.

Gotta get a W in KC. If our O continues to improve we can do it.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Mad props to the 9ers tonight. I thought we were going to get killed. We played our butts off and lost to the champs.........no shame in that. But its time we stop all the talking and blaming and come out and do what we are capable of doing. Let's go 9ers.. short week let's get it done against the chefs.

3 of the 4 TOs killed us. We had this game. We just couldn't capitalize on this. Delanie fumbling, 2 Ints by Smith, boy that hurt. We could've showned the Saints who's boss, but no. We killed ourselves, yet again.

~Dann~
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Was I the only one thinking the 49ers were not running the clock down enough? Once they got in the red zone on that last drive they should have stopped running out of bounds. Poor clock management strikes again.
Originally posted by BobS:
Was I the only one thinking the 49ers were not running the clock down enough? Once they got in the red zone on that last drive they should have stopped running out of bounds. Poor clock management strikes again.

I said that to my roomies 2 plays before the game-tying TD. And then what happens? Ugh.

Overall, I'm proud of my Niners. We must overcome this 0-2 deficit.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

I agree somewhat, but the team was prob more focused on making sure they score than leaving time on the clock. If we dont score then theres no chance at all. I'm more upset that we let Brees walk to out 45 yardline before we started playing D the last drive.
Young just said the Niners outplayed the Saints.
I feel ya but damn alex did his job in the end breese was just the man... can't really complain about this one. We have the potential just time to put it together.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Go49erss:

And they did...they just didn't win.
Originally posted by Go49erss:

We actually did dude. Turnovers killed us, but we moved the ball pretty freely.

I know we outplayed them, but what matters is the final score.
the last few years the 9ers have usually started quick and then go through a mid-season slump and find themselves just on the bubble by december

maybe they're trying the reverse approach

start off 0-2 then rattle off 7 straight?

No thats fine...We had NO timeouts...nothing is guaranteed. Especially since we swap players all the time for different packages.
Share 49ersWebzone