There are 135 users in the forums

Epic Singletary interview w/ KPIX' Dennis O' Donnell.... disappears

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dingleberry MAD

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/epic-singletary-video-disappears/

Quote:
We started the day by pointing out a memorable interview of 49ers coach Mike Singletary, in which he pulls out the term "dad-gum" and pays homage to Drew Rosenhaus by dropping a "next question."

Someone at KPIX and/or the 49ers organization apparently didn't think the interview was so memorable. Or, perhaps more accurately, they wanted it to be forgotten.

The Rich Lieberman Report points out that the video has been removed from the KPIX website. (Indeed, the link to the interview no longer works.)

Coincidentally (or not), KPIX televises the team's preseason games, and KPIX airs a weekly 49ers highlight show.

UPDATE: Apparently, they haven't disabled the embeddable version of the interview. Yet. (Thanks to the reader who pointed this out.

and for those that have yet to see it, behold in all it's comedic glory:

[ Edited by oreck16 on Sep 18, 2010 at 09:52:30 ]
ruh roh
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Someone will get it up on YouTube if they're trying to censor it.

It shouldn't even matter though....many fans have already seen it, even fans of other teams.

Several non-49er fan friends have asked me about it as well. News travels fast these days.
Originally posted by kray28:

It shouldn't even matter though....many fans have already seen it, even fans of other teams.

Several non-49er fan friends have asked me about it as well. News travels fast these days.

Lisa Lang, one of our over a dozen VPs, is doing her magic in control media exposure.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

He's quickly loosing the media...next will be the locker room.

I'm done with big mike, the guy is a pretend head coach just as Nolan was...wait, Nolan might have been better....
  • Veteran
Singletary needs to really get a handle on his attitude. We were once the classiest organization in pro sports.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I saw it on nfl network, and he was acting like a total idiot. the reporters questions were plain and simple, no need for his stup!d reaction.

"we will stop Dree Brees"
"we will score"

wheres the "dont tell me, show me"??

Nice WORK ETHIC coach....
The guy wants to win, i have no problems with it.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

Every coach wants to win, genius.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

Every coach wants to win, genius.

If that's melting down, I'm all for it. Can't believe that Chronicle is reporting as a meltdown.

Denny Green could only hope he melted down in such a reasonable fashion.

Still, Sing was right. Calling him "Dingleberry" only makes you look like a dick. He wanted to talk about New Orleans and that's what he was there to do. O'Donell kept trying to start shat. Sing made him look foolish.

Now clean it up man, you don't have to like Sing but at least show him the respect he's due. I mean damn dude his inner player was out in full force. You never in your life heard a Head Coach say we WILL run the ball, we WILL stop so and so and we WILL win. Win or lose I got Sing's back.

~Ceadder
This was a MAJOR faux pas by Singletary.

I'm not sure if everyone understands the Dennis O'Donnell KPIX relation to the 49ers. This is the local broadcast network that owns the rights to the 49ers. Dennis O'Donnell does play by play. *EDIT* This segment "Coaches Corner" is also a recurring bit that is scheduled every week. *EDIT* Dennis O'Donnell is a FRIEND to the 49ers. He was trying to set up Singletary with softball questions to ease into it and say there is no big deal.

If you listen to his intro he starts by saying he KNOWS Raye is capable and has personal experiences with him. He then gives Singletary a chance to set the record straight.

If this was Singletary talking with Jason Cole of Yahoo it would make a little bit of sense. This was a FRIENDLY media personality and Singletary was completely off base with his remarks.

Un-frigging-believable...

[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Sep 18, 2010 at 11:23:51 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If that's melting down, I'm all for it. Can't believe that Chronicle is reporting as a meltdown.

Still, Sing was right. Calling him "Dingleberry" only makes you look like a dick. He wanted to talk about New Orleans and that's what he was there to do. O'Donell kept trying to start shat. Sing made him look foolish.

Now clean it up man, you don't have to like Sing but at least show him the respect he's due. I mean damn dude his inner player was out in full force. You never in your life heard a Head Coach say we WILL run the ball, we WILL stop so and so and we WILL win. Win or lose I got Sing's back.

~Ceadder

You do sound like a loser, actually. How can you have his back if he sucks? Are you a fan of the team or are you a fan of the coach?
I have a feeling that this is only the beginning. This could get ugly very fast!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

You do sound like a loser, actually. How can you have his back if he sucks? Are you a fan of the team or are you a fan of the coach?

Share 49ersWebzone