There are 366 users in the forums

ALEX SMITH ROCKIN' THE WRISTBAND!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I can't believe that we are just now addressing these types of issues that are so elementary to game day preparation! It's an embarrassment to this team.

I just shake my head at all these headlines... "will we even show up Monday night?"

Like the Hawks had last week's game circled since Training Camp, we've had this game circled. Why do you think we ran such a vanilla offense. Don't you remember in OTA's and TC, Alex said they was running more complex plays since it was his second year in the system. The 9ers wasn't going to give NOLA nothing to look at on tape, and you better believe it!

They are going to play hard to not get embarrassed, or they're not playing for Sing or themselves in that matter. And remember, there are a lot of 'last year contract players', playing...First home game of the season, on MNF, vs last years overated champs...Child Please....

It's the cynic in me talking... wristbands, relaying the calls... hmmm that's why i'm shaking my head. I would love to see the real 9ers show up too, but this coaching staff has me worried.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It took them a whole season and 1 game to realize that Smith needs a wristband to make play calling more smooth?

WOW

This coaching staff must be pretty stupid.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It took them a whole season and 1 game to realize that Smith needs a wristband to make play calling more smooth?

WOW

This coaching staff must be pretty stupid.

Hold up player. You must be new here.

The communication breakdown isn't between Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith, but Jimmy Raye and his Quality Control / Quarterbacks Coach. Alex Smith played 11 games (started 10) last season. During that stretch, Jason Michael relayed the plays to Smith.

This season, Mike Johnson relays the plays to Smith. The communication lacking between Johnson and Raye led to plays coming out late. All of this information was confirmed in Singletary's Press Conference today (if you had watched it).

As of today (in practice), Smith will be given a code instead of a full play, which he then relays to his huddle through his wrist band. In this way, Jimmy Raye is simply giving Mike Johnson a code, which is then transfered over to Smith. And if you're wondering why Raye doesn't simply relay that play to Smith directly, NFL rules prohibit transmissions outside of the sidelines.

So yeah, it definitely hasn't been one full season and one game, kid.
Originally posted by susweel:

I like how we're getting Walker involved.

-9fA
Now they dont have any more excuses to throw at us. NOT!!!!
I got the solution to this problem, can we just put up the plays on the big screens at candlestick park?????
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I can't believe that we are just now addressing these types of issues that are so elementary to game day preparation! It's an embarrassment to this team.

I just shake my head at all these headlines... "will we even show up Monday night?"

Like the Hawks had last week's game circled since Training Camp, we've had this game circled. Why do you think we ran such a vanilla offense. Don't you remember in OTA's and TC, Alex said they was running more complex plays since it was his second year in the system. The 9ers wasn't going to give NOLA nothing to look at on tape, and you better believe it!

They are going to play hard to not get embarrassed, or they're not playing for Sing or themselves in that matter. And remember, there are a lot of 'last year contract players', playing...First home game of the season, on MNF, vs last years overated champs...Child Please....

Well that makes a whole lot of sense: risk losing a gimmie so that we have a chance to beat the Superbowl champs. Since our goal is the playoffs, I will take a win over a gimmie rather than risking 0-2.
will it make him not throw 10 ft. over the reciever?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I like how we're getting Walker involved.

-9fA

The draw plays must be written farther up your arm
18-1 here we come.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is pretty cutting edge for us. The next new advancement will be power sweep right.
It's a small step, but they still have a lot more to prove. Get your s**t together Niners!
This is pretty cutting edge for us. The next new advancement will be power sweep right.

the forward pass is next!
Originally posted by WestCoast:

the forward pass is next!

installing that into our offense is gonna make next year's training camp super exciting!
DAMN IT, YOU BLEW IT by posting this thread. now the saints know what we're up to.
Share 49ersWebzone