LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Make Dominique Zeigler #1 WO untill Michael Crabtree pulls his head outa his a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
We have all seen what Josh Morgan has to offer on the field. Quite frankly, he does not have much to offer, at all. He is short, slow and a body catcher. He creates know separation on the field and on a championship caliber team, which the 49ers strive to be in the future, Morgan would be the 4th wide out. Zeigler has a good connection with Smith, he is a hard worker, a big target, HE CATCHES THE BALL WITH HIS HANDS, and most importantly he has earned his way in my opinion of being the #2 WR.

What do you guys think?
SPEAK THE TRUTH, NO MORE BS!!!!

nyc49erking

Zeigler is a big target? Really? Wow.

He is listed as 6-3, 185. What is the problem?

That hard to figure out? He is 185. Him being 6'3" just makes that worse. He is a toothpick. Not saying he isn't a good player, but calling him a big target is flat out wrong. Tall does not equal big.

As a QB, you would rather throw to a wide body?

You are missing the point entirely. It's pointless to converse with you.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like Zeigler, and we should get him on the field more, but starting seems absurd. Unless we go to a spread offense, or Morgan gets injured, he wont see the field.

If we are going to play this silly game, start Ziegler instead of Crabtree. Morgan may have some limitations but he works hard all the time. Time to send young Michael a lesson about what it takes to play in this league.
We have all seen what Josh Morgan has to offer on the field. Quite frankly, he does not have much to offer, at all. He is short, slow and a body catcher. He creates know separation on the field and on a championship caliber team, which the 49ers strive to be in the future, Morgan would be the 4th wide out. Zeigler has a good connection with Smith, he is a hard worker, a big target, HE CATCHES THE BALL WITH HIS HANDS, and most importantly he has earned his way in my opinion of being the #2 WR.

What do you guys think?

nyc49erking

That hard to figure out? He is 185. Him being 6'3" just makes that worse. He is a toothpick. Not saying he isn't a good player, but calling him a big target is flat out wrong. Tall does not equal big.

You're very quick to make rash judgements. Very telling.
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like Zeigler, and we should get him on the field more, but starting seems absurd. Unless we go to a spread offense, or Morgan gets injured, he wont see the field.

If we are going to play this silly game, start Ziegler instead of Crabtree. Morgan may have some limitations but he works hard all the time. Time to send young Michael a lesson about what it takes to play in this league.

I wouldnt oppose that idea. Crabs needs some tough love. Actually, he needs a beatdown.
i fail to see what Zeigler has done to earn a starting job, though I'd like to see him on the field more.

What do you guys think?

nyc49erking

No, I'm just not going to waste my time with someone who puts words in my mouth. I never said anything about who a qb would rather throw to. Simply that zeigler does not meet the definition of a "big target" . you are tying to make it into a bigger argument than that.
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i fail to see what Zeigler has done to earn a starting job, though I'd like to see him on the field more.

Agreed. The fact he is even in this conversation shows how shallow the talent pool is at WR on this team.

Agreed. The fact he is even in this conversation shows how shallow the talent pool is at WR on this team.

i think that the fact that this conversation is happening shows show shallow the gene pool is in Niner Talk.

i think that the fact that this conversation is happening shows show shallow the gene pool is in Niner Talk.

I like this answer
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
he is starting.................at the #3 WR position.

What do you guys think?

nyc49erking

No, I'm just not going to waste my time with someone who puts words in my mouth. I never said anything about who a qb would rather throw to. Simply that zeigler does not meet the definition of a "big target" . you are tying to make it into a bigger argument than that.

No, I was merely staing that the definition of "big target" isn't as rigid as you make it out to be. It really depends on how the player uses they're size. Given Zeigler's hands, he can get the jump ball. Catch the ball in traffic. His long arms offer him a larger target around him to get the ball. More specifically, the high ones (Smith's tendancy).

You get stuck on terms too easily. I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I asked you a simple question. Your reaction was childish and silly. Not that it matters of course. Just remember, opinions and perceptions vary.
Ziegler=Brandon Lloyd

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:04:52 ]
Good discussion going on... SPEAK THE TRUTH ...NO MORE BS!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Ziegler=Brandon Lloyd

Pretty much.

Lloyd is a little better.

This is a valid point, but it may be more what the other guys have done to RETAIN theirs. Ziggy obviously has more rapport with both QB's and they have states he's earned their trust. he has decent speed, catches virtually everything his hands touch and runs perhaps the best routes on the team. Morgan can block; that's about it and Crabs has a sense of entitlement and plays below his capabilities. 'Nuf said? I say if either of them continues to play subpar or continues with the attitude (Crabs), bench 'em and start Ziggy for at least a game or two to make a point. Then, if he continues to perform, let the chips fall where they may.
Share 49ersWebzone