There are 183 users in the forums

The Future of ALEX SMITH...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
6 years, 6 years of this franchise with this clown at QB.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well, this is what the homers wanted. After watching Alex Smith fail for the past 5 years, the "realists" on this site (aka haters, fairweather fans, Raider lovers) have been asking for his head. Yet, the supporters continue to give him the thumbs up, citing his "potential" and "attitude" as his biggest attributes. Time to man up, people. Regardless of team play, I think we can summarize Smith's play in a few words every week.

WEEK 1: FAIL

-had the chance to take the crowd out early, but made poor throws to Norris and Morgan on consecutive drives (blame the receivers all you want for "catchable" balls, but poor ball placement is inexcusable for a 6 year vet).

-threw picks that need not be thrown. Panicked under pressure. Overthrew his receivers. Checked down too early and opted for short yardage when he had time to look deep (we're all too familiar with this).

-it was a team loss, but Smith was the catalyst behind the collapse.

Damn shame.....Some picked Seattle to be the worst team in the league this season (even more putrid than STL), yet they man handled us.

We wasted 6 years for this s**t..............6 years.

Dude, but he looks commanding in the huddle now.
Is cleaning out his locker at the end of the season & leave the bay area

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*CKER!!!!

ZRF, with all due respect, you're ignorant with all your hate you have had for Smith since God knows when. Smith, though not a good performance, even though it started out nice, was not the only person at fault.

And the pass Smith threw high to Morran on the 4th and one play? I remember a certain play that was thrown to high by Montana, but a man name Clark pulled it down out of the sky. Thought not perfect placement on Alex's pass, that ball was 100% catchable. That play is mostly on Morran Norris.

But, there's no use saying anything to you. Because no matter what, it's Alex's fault. Alex played like a champ the first half. Piss poor playcalling in the redzone and missed opportunities early were our downfall. The second half, I agree, Alex looked like a rookie all over again.

Good day.
His future is like my ass crack....s**tty!!!!!
LOL
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Originally posted by niners94:
Yeah it was horrible, I'm giving him one more week. If he stinks it up again bring in Carr. We can't waste this season.

no f**king way. carr is way worse than smith.

Did you see the game today? On way Carr can be worse than that. I seriously wish we kept Shaun Hill as sad as that sounds.
He's not the answer.
Originally posted by teeohh:
He's not the answer.

he never was
What future? After this year that's it. No way he gets signed again. N. Davis is the only one signed after this year. We are drafting a QB in one of the 1st two rounds next year.

He's like the Kurt Warner story but different. Warner went from bagging groceries to playing in the NFL. Smith will go from the NFL to bagging groceries.

For the record I think a large part of his s**tty performance can be blamed on Crabtree but he wasn't good either. Ugh.
He's right there next to Jamarcus Russell, Ryan leaf, and all the other number one busts in NFL history. Cut the bum and start the rebuilding process again. I swear, give any decent qb our team to work with, and we make the playoffs every year. Such a waste. F u Alex smith.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
ZRF, with all due respect, you're ignorant with all your hate you have had for Smith since God knows when. Smith, though not a good performance, even though it started out nice, was not the only person at fault.

And the pass Smith threw high to Morran on the 4th and one play? I remember a certain play that was thrown to high by Montana, but a man name Clark pulled it down out of the sky. Thought not perfect placement on Alex's pass, that ball was 100% catchable. That play is mostly on Morran Norris.

But, there's no use saying anything to you. Because no matter what, it's Alex's fault. Alex played like a champ the first half. Piss poor playcalling in the redzone and missed opportunities early were our downfall. The second half, I agree, Alex looked like a rookie all over again.

Good day.

I'll take the analyst's dissection of that and all the other plays any day over yours. Smith overthrew Moran (and many others) , end of discussion.
Alex Smith sucks, and some people still don't realize this after 6 years...
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
His future is in Buffalo in 2011.

Everything Razzano said about Smith was true:

"I thought he was way over-drafted and way overrated," Razzano said. "I don't think I've been proven wrong. The guy hasn't done it, and he'll get another opportunity. He's getting a little better with the touchdown throws to Vernon Davis. But, boy, the guy I saw at Utah, I was shocked people had him rated that high."

"I think he's exactly what I thought he'd be -- maybe a little worse," Razzano said. "I thought he'd be a decent backup. But I watch him now, he just doesn't have the winning mentality. But he's a good kid and a smart kid and he probably looks good in practice. He misses simple 7-yard outs. He's just not accurate and he doesn't have the moxie."

Yeah, that's the word I was looking for...moxie.

Once in my life I would kill to see the guy get his ass fired up over something.
Share 49ersWebzone