LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

The Future of ALEX SMITH...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Well, this is what the homers wanted. After watching Alex Smith fail for the past 5 years, the "realists" on this site (aka haters, fairweather fans, Raider lovers) have been asking for his head. Yet, the supporters continue to give him the thumbs up, citing his "potential" and "attitude" as his biggest attributes. Time to man up, people. Regardless of team play, I think we can summarize Smith's play in a few words every week.

WEEK 1: FAIL

-had the chance to take the crowd out early, but made poor throws to Norris and Morgan on consecutive drives (blame the receivers all you want for "catchable" balls, but poor ball placement is inexcusable for a 6 year vet).

-threw picks that need not be thrown. Panicked under pressure. Overthrew his receivers. Checked down too early and opted for short yardage when he had time to look deep (we're all too familiar with this).

-it was a team loss, but Smith was the catalyst behind the collapse.

Damn shame.....Some picked Seattle to be the worst team in the league this season (even more putrid than STL), yet they man handled us.

We wasted 6 years for this s**t..............6 years.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
His future is in Buffalo in 2011.

Everything Razzano said about Smith was true:

"I thought he was way over-drafted and way overrated," Razzano said. "I don't think I've been proven wrong. The guy hasn't done it, and he'll get another opportunity. He's getting a little better with the touchdown throws to Vernon Davis. But, boy, the guy I saw at Utah, I was shocked people had him rated that high."

"I think he's exactly what I thought he'd be -- maybe a little worse," Razzano said. "I thought he'd be a decent backup. But I watch him now, he just doesn't have the winning mentality. But he's a good kid and a smart kid and he probably looks good in practice. He misses simple 7-yard outs. He's just not accurate and he doesn't have the moxie."
Yeah it was horrible, I'm giving him one more week. If he stinks it up again bring in Carr. We can't waste this season.
Cloudy...try again later
This was the worst game of smith's career. IMO.

It was also Crabtrees.

So many f**ked up passes, if they were catchable, they had to leap 3ft to get it.
IMO it was doubtful before the season started that Smith would do anything but be sufficient. I now don;t think he is even capable of that. Smith sucks, period.

We will be drafting his replacement in April when we finish with a below .500 record and select in the 1st half of the draft. We may hve to move up a bit to get the Blue chipper we need, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Originally posted by niners94:
Yeah it was horrible, I'm giving him one more week. If he stinks it up again bring in Carr. We can't waste this season.

Carr is not any better. We wasted the season months ago when we chose to not even try to improve our QB situation. In fact, we made it a point to have Alex be the undisputed starter from day one.

We didn't dare want to make him earn his job, cause he would have lost it like he does everytime he has to compete.
RODGERRRSS!!!
CFL if he's lucky. He sucks.
He MUST have a sensational, bounce-back game next week or it will be near to impossible for Number 11 to be a Niner's QB ever again.

I,,, I - I...... Whatever....
Originally posted by niners94:

no f**king way. carr is way worse than smith.
He hung a lot of recievers out to dry... He checked down most of the game... I do notthink it was only his fault, but would agree that he was a main cause...
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well, this is what the homers wanted. After watching Alex Smith fail for the past 5 years, the "realists" on this site (aka haters, fairweather fans, Raider lovers) have been asking for his head. Yet, the supporters continue to give him the thumbs up, citing his "potential" and "attitude" as his biggest attributes. Time to man up, people. Regardless of team play, I think we can summarize Smith's play in a few words every week.

WEEK 1: FAIL

-had the chance to take the crowd out early, but made poor throws to Norris and Morgan on consecutive drives (blame the receivers all you want for "catchable" balls, but poor ball placement is inexcusable for a 6 year vet).

-threw picks that need not be thrown. Panicked under pressure. Overthrew his receivers. Checked down too early and opted for short yardage when he had time to look deep (we're all too familiar with this).

-it was a team loss, but Smith was the catalyst behind the collapse.

Damn shame.....Some picked Seattle to be the worst team in the league this season (even more putrid than STL), yet they man handled us.

We wasted 6 years for this s**t..............6 years.
Dude, ban this fu*king phaggot.

He only comes out when the niners lose.

I now am in the bandwagon to draft a qb asap, but this dude here only posts when we lose.
Share 49ersWebzone