There are 238 users in the forums

Vernon Davis signs 5 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Between the draft

The trades

The resignings

Baalke (and Paraag) are f***ing PIMPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah man they've done a lot in one year. i can't believe i was on the mcloughan bandwagon over these last few years. the zoners made him out to be a god..

I wish Scotty well but Trent really seems to be a natural for the job
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I wanna hear krizays thoughts on this

Not worth it! Just like Miles Austin isn't worth what he got. They took advantage of opportunity. Good for them for doing so but neither is irreplaceable.

Get the ball chucked to them they way they did last year you're going to put up numbers. Especially in Vernon's case and his one route that he runs.

He put up good numbers last year and almost all of his good games came in losses.

Just saying.

But good for Vern!

click right here

genius, one day before gameday, a happy player is a good player
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Between the draft

The trades

The resignings

Baalke (and Paraag) are f***ing PIMPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah man they've done a lot in one year. i can't believe i was on the mcloughan bandwagon over these last few years. the zoners made him out to be a god..

I wish Scotty well but Trent really seems to be a natural for the job

We're literally transforming into the Minnesota Vikings/Colts front-office. -Where the VP of Personnel runs the show (without the need of a wildcard GM/middle-man to complicate things), followed by the numbers-cruncher.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
woot!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Great news, I was wondering if the Niners would take advantage of the uncapped year and get him signed now. Everybody else is doing it, I'm glad we did it, too.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Axl49:
CONFIRMED just got the text from espn.com

how do u get text alerts? is it free?

If you have a twitter account you can get whoevers tweets sent to your phone via text. Depends on your provider but mines free. Its in the settings on twitter.
Alex smith next!

Noooooooooot

[ Edited by mrbusinessman499 on Sep 11, 2010 at 14:39:49 ]
Manny Lawson should be next!!!!!
Then we can cut Haralson and then resign Goldson!
Then sign Alex Smith
Then Baas (to center pay)
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Alex smith next!

Noooooooooot

If he leads us to the playoffs then he'll be the first one extended.

Anyway congrats Vernon. Don't be a one year wonder for us buddy.

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Then sign Alex Smith

I keep hearing the guy wants crazy money, but does anyone know the ballpark figure?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Get Goldson and Lawson signed now, please.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montanaisgodlike:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Get Goldson and Lawson signed now, please.

No, we can do better than Lawson. I want a stud there. Goldson, I want to see do it another year.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Then sign Alex Smith

I keep hearing the guy wants crazy money, but does anyone know the ballpark figure?

He wants a deal similar to Calvin Pace
Probably not as much, but similar
Originally posted by FriscoFitted:

that how I feel....

this is excellent news, Davis is a unique player that can not be replaced... we have big decisions next year, Goldson, Lawson, Alex (depending on how he plays) and Franklyn... if Alex play well he will sign with the niners without a question (he needs time to learn an offense making both the niners and him more valuable to each other), then Goldson to me is the more important than the other two, if he show he can become an probowl safety we need to keep him since our defense has turn more to a zone defense, as for lawson he will demand a big contract and I think with Brooks and Lavoy and possibly a rookie we can manage his lose and as for Franklyn we have RJF who show in preseason he can play the position at a descent level plus Sopoaga... I think we can sign Alex, now that Davis is sign we can franchise Goldson instead of Davis and let the other two go...
Share 49ersWebzone