LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Which comparison is more accurate

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which comparison is more accurate

We compare well to the 2011 Suxors
I've said it all along, the 98-00 Kansas City Chiefs. Our 49ers just have a better defense, which should result in more wins!
'10 Cowboys
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as I lack faith in Alex Smith, I still believe he is far better than Dilfer. Our defense is good but Smith is going to be called upon to win a few games for us. Our secondary gives up too much yardage, and does not get enough INTs. The pass rush is also inconsistent.

You could have put any QB in for Dilfer and they would have won the Superbowl! Baltimore's defense was ridiculously good!

yeah, Smith is better than Dilfer and the Raven's D was WAY better than ours.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as I lack faith in Alex Smith, I still believe he is far better than Dilfer. Our defense is good but Smith is going to be called upon to win a few games for us. Our secondary gives up too much yardage, and does not get enough INTs. The pass rush is also inconsistent.

You could have put any QB in for Dilfer and they would have won the Superbowl! Baltimore's defense was ridiculously good!

yeah, Smith is better than Dilfer and the Raven's D was WAY better than ours.

No denying that the 2000 Ravens were a great D, but part of it was that they had a very weak schedule. Look at some of the opposing QB's that they faced.
  • dj43
It is hard to imagine the current 49ers being compared to any of those defenses. Without a consistent pass rush or solid CBs, this defense will be stretched to win 9 games.
Originally posted by boast:
WTFITS!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think the 2005 draft was a fair comparison to what the colts had with a decision between Leaf and Manning. Manning (like Rodgers) was more nfl ready and Leaf (like Smith) was felt to hav e more potential. The only difference is we f'd up the decision and they didn't. t
Is there an option for "'09 Niners?"
Share 49ersWebzone