Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
So now we have a new savior. Quick, someone start the Troy "I'm better than that other Smith" Smith bandwaggon thread.

shaj and susweel are already on it

Nope not me.

my apologies sir.

Its okay.

I'm not posting no more anti Smith posts for this week. My focus is on Seahawks, I'm watching film and going over the play book over and over.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Sadly, I actually watch that show with my wife...

But to the point, Troy Smith has really neither bad nor good stats to say he is any better/worse than Davis. I think Davis had some real potential, but if he is as lazy as Sing suggests, then it is probably best that he is replaced with another QB...

Troy Smith's career stats:
G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
14 79.7 48 89 53.9 558 39.9 6.3 3 1
Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL
29 109 7.8 3.8 2 5 30 3 2
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Sep 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM ]
hate to see nate go...... But that's a GREAT pick up...... Oh boy I can see the bandwagon cranking up...hahahahaha
sadly? rachel, quinn and santana are f**kin hot

it can get really cheesy though
Told u guys
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Where's MadDog? Them Niners are stacking the team with Buckeyes!

They are loading up with winners!!!

In all seriousness, the team has found a guy with nearly equal height and arm strength, but someone much more cerebral, and much more hard-working.
Originally posted by fryet:
No, I think the 49ers just wanted someone with game experience to be the third QB. The goal is for the third QB to never get on the field. But if worse comes to worse, they know they have someone in Troy that can run a NFL offense. I would expect the 49ers to draft a new 3rd QB next year, looking at Troy as a 1 year stop gap.

I expect the Niners to draft a QB in almost every draft even if its in the 5th,6th,7th. However, if T.Smith really is a "stop gap" why not get a real vet that can just come in and wing it? T.Smith doesn't seem to have enough experience to come off the bench and win. Just my opinion.
Alex Smith
Troy Smith

4 letters in the first name, five in the last

David Carr

5 letters in the first name, four in the last

There is something else at work here folks
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

In all seriousness, the team has found a guy with nearly equal height and arm strength, but someone much more cerebral, and much more hard-working.

Actually, Troy's the shortest QB on our squad now (at 6'0), and it's why he hasn't found much success thus far (his accuracy levels go down because he can't veer over his line well enough to visually configure his passing lanes). -It explains why he scrambles more/rolls out of the pocket on his endless highlight reels.

He's a winner and he has been learning behind a good qb in Flacco. I think its a huge upgrade from Nate Davis. He's definitely more reliable even if he doesn't have the raw talent that Nate has. And that may be debated too...
hate say I told you so.. But I started a thread a while back asking why don't we trade for Troy... Someone called me a ohio fan and that was the end of it... I hope he can still play... He was named the starter in B-More then got sick.. Meanwhile Flacco lite it up and he never got back in..
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Actually, Troy's the shortest QB on our squad now (at 6'0), and it's why he hasn't found much success thus far (his accuracy levels go down because he can't veer over his line well enough to visually configure his passing lanes). -It explains why he scrambles more/rolls out of the pocket on his endless highlight reels.

Don't know if I agree with the short argument. While I do agree it has advantages, isn't drew brees 6'0" too?
Troy Smith
Alex Smith
Reggie Smith
Justin Smith

poor jersey guy.
I say we cut carr, and pick up another smith and confuse the other teams about which smith we will play. i have to admit, this has to be the stupidest post i have ever made lol
Share 49ersWebzone