There are 164 users in the forums

Davis to be cut after all

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

oh i can answer that, its because mrob doesnt offer anything on offense.

He brings a hell of a lot on special teams and since we aren't keeping 3 QB's I see no reason why we wouldn't want to keep MRob around.

he BLOCKS on special teams. Yeah super important.

A Pro Bowl alternate is bringing a hell of a lot to the table. Not every guy is that good. He does more than block. He's on the coverage units too at various times. Every team has 1 special teams ace. You can keep 1 on 53 man roster.
F*%K these Mo*$*% F&&kers in their F#$@ing A%$
Coach Sing trashed Davis enough in the media to decrease his value to other teams. I imagine Nate might grab a practice squad spot if he clears waivers.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
WOW, Stupidest decision i've seen singletary make since he's been here.

Davis is a STAR!!! IN THE MAKING!

Lettin the future GO!

Calm down the dude sucked.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
whos gonna be the #3? Brown?

can we seriously go into gamedays with 2 QB's? I would have said maybe with Robinson as the emergency #3 but obviously not now.

actually that's a good point, we don't have an emergency 3rd QB now

Honestly though, when's the last time we had two QBs knocked out in the same game? It's not that big a deal....
  • Chief
  • Veteran
lol, thank god, dude sucks.
Why didn't we just place Nate Davis on the practice squad if they weren't afraid to lose him anyways. That would have made more sense.
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

oh i can answer that, its because mrob doesnt offer anything on offense.

He brings a hell of a lot on special teams and since we aren't keeping 3 QB's I see no reason why we wouldn't want to keep MRob around.

he BLOCKS on special teams. Yeah super important.

A Pro Bowl alternate is bringing a hell of a lot to the table. Not every guy is that good. He does more than block. He's on the coverage units too at various times. Every team has 1 special teams ace. You can keep 1 on 53 man roster.

I agree. But what do we know? Sing said he's only good on special teams, not tremendous.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I swear our fans sure do love sucky players.

I have a feeling the niners are planning an end around. Why wait till now to cut Davis and most squads have filled their slots? I suspect they want to put Davis on the practice squad and this is a way to do it with the least risk. Even if not, at least they may have found another player they like more. Maybe there is a practice squad player they might lose they need to bring up and so they are trading Nate for that guy.
Originally posted by Chief:

I'd take him over anyone elses 3rd string.
Originally posted by Niner3030:
So does this mean we are signing Pat White? hahaha

Wow! Hadn' t thought of that.
Originally posted by cubanb:
ugh, hope they have someone lined up. 2 qbs is crazy.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ink isn't drying on the contract with one of the QBs recently waived by another team...
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by cubanb:
ugh, hope they have someone lined up. 2 qbs is crazy.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ink isn't drying on the contract with one of the QBs recently waived by another team...

hopefully
Share 49ersWebzone