LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Davis to be cut after all

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
WTF we give this guy 2 years but we give Alex Smith 6 years?!?!

Its amazing how much more rope a guy gets when he obviously works hard to learn the system and get better. Nate had 2 years to prove he was willing to work hard enough to maximize his talent, not to become a productive QB. He didn't and he will be cut.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

oh i can answer that, its because mrob doesnt offer anything on offense.

He brings a hell of a lot on special teams and since we aren't keeping 3 QB's I see no reason why we wouldn't want to keep MRob around.

he BLOCKS on special teams. Yeah super important.
So why did we cut MRob then? Our best special teams player. It makes even less sense now if this is true...

He brings a hell of a lot on special teams and since we aren't keeping 3 QB's I see no reason why we wouldn't want to keep MRob around.

never said anything about not holding 3 qb's...its just Davis wont be one of them.
Troy Smith?
From Barrows:

Quote:
Confirmed. @michaelombardi Hearing in the next hour 49ers will formally release QB Nate Davis formerly of Ball State...

[insert justin smith, nail in coffin .gif]
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Niner3030:
So does this mean we are signing Pat White? hahaha

wow . . . wtf?

They must think that now that some dust has settled on roster moves he'll be more likely to clear waivers than if they'd released him Saturday?

Surprising if true
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
l-m-f-a-o at Singletary betting the farm on Alex Smith.

hahaha omg thats so funny

not

yeah, like Nate Davis was the next Montana, oh wait he was right, Niner Talk thought so anyway.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nice friggin draft class from 09.

Nate Davis is cut, Coffee retires, McKillop Injured, and Crabtree may end being a DIVA, lovely draft class McClueless.

Baalke is 1,000 times better than Scot M. already. I can't believe we had that guy. He was awful.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Originally posted by susweel:
He probably has the Jamarcus work ethic.

maybe they were both sipping on that purple drank

Sizzurp

Nate Davis is cut, Coffee retires, McKillop Injured, and Crabtree may end being a DIVA, lovely draft class McClueless.

Baalke is 1,000 times better than Scot M. already. I can't believe we had that guy. He was awful.

agree 100%, thank god we have Baalke now and not McMoron.

its all about the gameday 45, he was competing directly against guys like Adams/Briggs/Mays/Dixon/Ziegler/Williams who would've been amongst the last guys activated
whos gonna be the #3? Brown?

can we seriously go into gamedays with 2 QB's? I would have said maybe with Robinson as the emergency #3 but obviously not now.

the best part is that hes taking back all the rejects to seattle
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I would have waited until after we played seattle.

They have been taking our scraps, they surely would take davis just to learn what we plan to do this week.

If the news about Davis getting mixed up with all the signals were true, what he remembers might confuse them!
[ Edited by fastforward on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone