Official Practice Squad Signings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows

Will Tukuafu is the first 49er to land on the practice squad ...

Whooo!!!woooooo...

I've never seen such displays of emotional joy from you Buzz! Celebrate big time day!

I saw Tukuafu got four sacks for 4 games in preseason.. i think.. Tukuafu is looks good to play better than soap.. Tukuafu is looks big a guy and big his weight for size. If Sings would be cut him that i was not happy it.. But.. Tuku is the first 49er to land on the practice squad. I am sooo happy that we need to keep him if he will give us for develop the pass rush or tackles that either it. How impress to effort with team.

YOU SAID IT!

The Brit Miller project has ended.

Another webzone favorite bites the dust.
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Sep 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows

Will Tukuafu is the first 49er to land on the practice squad ...

Whooo!!!woooooo...

I've never seen such displays of emotional joy from you Buzz! Celebrate big time day!

I saw Tukuafu got four sacks for 4 games in preseason.. i think.. Tukuafu is looks good to play better than soap.. Tukuafu is looks big a guy and big his weight for size. If Sings would be cut him that i was not happy it.. But.. Tuku is the first 49er to land on the practice squad. I am sooo happy that we need to keep him if he will give us for develop the pass rush or tackles that either it. How impress to effort with team.

YOU SAID IT!

Biggest surprises are Matt Kopa, Jarrett Brown, and Chris Maragos.

Kopa must have impressed Mike Solari in some way.
Brown athleticism could be a key factor for scout team. Expect him to mimic Mike Vick the week before 49ers play Eagles.
Don't really know what the team sees in Chris Maragos.
The 49ers didn't pick anybody up off another team's waivers for the practice squad. For now these guys are all familiar with the system so maybe that outweighs other factors for now.
Brit Miller may still be on speed dial. If the niners run a whole lot, that fullback is going to get a beating. Even if it is shared by the tightends. Norris was banged up the last few years too. I think from the teams viewpoint Brit Miller may have maxed out and Caulcrick while nowhere close to Anthony Dixon showed a lot of power. He can wear down a defense. Brit Millers weak spot was imo, that he was not much of a runner. I love most of the pratice squad. I will miss De La Puente. The niners have a quantity of good OL so it might not be a major loss but still. I think De La Puente would be kept if he were bigger. He would fit on a Denver type of OL. I actually feel the practice squad would have made it last year. I think they are that capable.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Glad Tukuafu and Caulcrick made it, they should be up next year. Rest looks good.
Originally posted by prometheus:
Brit Miller may still be on speed dial. If the niners run a whole lot, that fullback is going to get a beating. Even if it is shared by the tightends. Norris was banged up the last few years too. I think from the teams viewpoint Brit Miller may have maxed out and Caulcrick while nowhere close to Anthony Dixon showed a lot of power. He can wear down a defense. Brit Millers weak spot was imo, that he was not much of a runner. I love most of the pratice squad. I will miss De La Puente. The niners have a quantity of good OL so it might not be a major loss but still. I think De La Puente would be kept if he were bigger. He would fit on a Denver type of OL. I actually feel the practice squad would have made it last year. I think they are that capable.

Keeping Caulcrick is another indication the Niners are going with beef and brawn.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Sep 5, 2010 at 12:54 PM ]
Very excited that Tukuafu and Caulcrick are still onboard.

Surprised that Mitchell didn't make it.

I had De La Puenta on the squad instead of Kopa, but I guess we have enough potential guards on the team with Iupati, Bass, Heitmann, Rachal, Wragge and Snyder in the mix.

Glad that Davis made it. I didn't think he was eligible.

Jurovich could be a good KR/PR guy down the road when Williams and Adams move up the depth chart.

After seeing QB Brown's athleticism in that last pre-season game I'm interested to see how he develops.

Good luck to Miller, I'll miss his enthusiasm.
Glad to see Brown make it, sorry to see Mitchell not.

Share 49ersWebzone