LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Entire rookie class makes the cut!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
Curtis Taylor still on the team WOW!!!

I find it odd that they find value in Curtis Taylor (5th safety) over a pro bowl (alternate) in MRob. Oh well.

agreed x 10,000,000,0000

but on another topic:

It used to be a really bad sign that all of our rookies made the team, but this year, it seems like cause for celebration. The kids are impressive, and I think the team is getting a nice mix of young and old to build for a long haul. So far, I think this draft class is very impressive and worth the roster spots.
Originally posted by 49erDan:
Bye Bye Mclueless....

This draft was a testament to our new vision and the production from the front office.

Baalke + Marathe =

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
Curtis Taylor still on the team WOW!!!

I honestly thought he'd get released due to the numbers game. Not because of his talent because he's definitely a good young safety. I'm glad he's still on the team.
Originally posted by NinerBabe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Dixon just got lucky that Coffee retired.

Really?
DIXON has a bad ass stiff arm to me

Big Dix does have a pretty bad stiffy

Originally posted by jreff22:

This rookie class sucks

MRob got cut because of them
Originally posted by ads_2006:
This rookie class sucks

MRob got cut because of them

Originally posted by jreff22:

This was the deepest draft in along long time, for us to nail our picks says something for our scouting. Kudos to Baakle.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
This was the deepest draft in along long time, for us to nail our picks says something for our scouting. Kudos to Baakle.

While I agree that most the picks are looking good, I think we should wait until, at least, a single regular season game has been played. Let alone an entire season.

While I agree that most the picks are looking good, I think we should wait until, at least, a single regular season game has been played. Let alone an entire season.

Well yeah, but for not one of them getting cut or placed on PS. It says somrthing. I cant think of one team that has claimed this.

Well yeah, but for not one of them getting cut or placed on PS. It says somrthing. I cant think of one team that has claimed this.

Have you researched this, or are you just assuming blindly?
Great to see the rooks may the cut, means the late 5th-7th rounders weren't just throw away players.

But I thought the most interesting thing was Cody Wallace, Michael Robinson, Jason Hill were cut. You build teams IMO in that 3rd-5th round area. Thats a 3rd and two 4ths who did nothing for our franchise....

Then throw in Glen Coffe (3rd rounder) left our team and McKillop (5th round) got injured. That is way to high of attrition in important rounds of the draft...

From 2005-2009, only the following mid rounders are still on our team:
QB Nate Davis (5th)
Reggie Smith (3rd)
Ray McDonald (3rd)
Dashon Goldson (4th)
Tarell Brown (5th)
Parys Haralson (5th)
Frank Gore (3rd)
Adam Snyder (3rd)

By my count, McCoughlan found us 2 starters in his 4 years of drafting in the 3rd-5th rounds. Not very good.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone