There are 166 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team needs to start winning on the road, no excuses.
Originally posted by richierich:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why does everyone think the Chiefs are good? They barely beat the s**tty-ass Browns last week. All they can do is run the ball, and that's what are defense is best at. Matt Cassel doesn't scare me in the least.

Do you not remember the last time the 9ers played @ Arrowhead?

Do you remember who was on that KC offense? Do you remember who we had on defense during that time?...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Why does everyone think the Chiefs are good? They barely beat the s**tty-ass Browns last week. All they can do is run the ball, and that's what are defense is best at. Matt Cassel doesn't scare me in the least.

Do you remember who was on that KC offense? Do you remember who we had on defense during that time?...

I do but the 9ers don't play well on the road, and Alex Smith is still our QB. They had Larry Johnson and Damon freakin Huard.

[ Edited by richierich on Sep 21, 2010 at 09:48:55 ]
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

The Chiefs at home are a good team. They beat the Chargers already there too. This will be a tougher match up then the Sea Chicken game. It's an early game and Arrowhead is extremely loud and a tough place to play. We should be able to win but anyone who thinks it's a lock is a fool.

No they're not better than Seattle, Seattle knew our plays and has a good QB. Cassels not better than Hasselbeck.

I do but the 9ers don't play well on the road, and Alex Smith is still our QB. They had Larry Johnson and Damon freakin Huard.

Larry Johnson was a beast at the time and our Defense was garbage. The only thing that worries me in this game is the crowd noise and ST's play.

Larry Johnson was a beast at the time and our Defense was garbage. The only thing that worries me in this game is the crowd noise and ST's play.

This. This game is going to be the next test. Can this team bounce back on the road after an abysmal first road game and a pretty good second game and finally build some consistency?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I am expecting a real nice win here. I think all the other NFC West teams will lose again, yes I think Oakland will beat Arizona, San Diego will beat Seattle and Washington will beat STL

Yes, because a game that happened four years ago has so much bearing on next Sunday . That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Must win game, teams dont come back from 0-3 and make the playoffs.
I'm expecting an unnecessarily close win after the team comes out flat at the start. The niners suck on the road, and I expect our clock management to suck once again, being at Arrowhead and all.

are we going to attempt to stop the screen pass this week?
Matt Cassell sucks. The Chiefs defense is under rated IMO
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

we better, considering they can throw it to Charles or McCluster

also need to be careful on ST coverage with mcCluster and Arenas back there

those are really their only scoring weapons, our defense really needs to step up and keep them under 10
KC as a team is non threatening. But the jury is still out on the Niners as a road team. and Arrowhead can be a pretty harsh stadium.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

we better, considering they can throw it to Charles or McCluster

also need to be careful on ST coverage with mcCluster and Arenas back there

those are really their only scoring weapons, our defense really needs to step up and keep them under 10

so frustrating watching every team move down the field with a screen pass or two
Share 49ersWebzone