There are 149 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Unlike other trendy passing opponents in the NFL we're facing a team adjacent to ours, ie. an offense that runs to set up the pass. So we'll pretty much be playing a "mirror" game, shutting the run down and forcing Cassel into the pass to win the game (which he has had trouble doing since he lost the luxury of being a Patriot).

But it's a double-edged sword cause they've shown some productive run-stopping themselves (specially on 3rd down situations), so it's also all on Alex Smith to keep his consistency up and 'win' us the game as well.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Unlike other trendy passing opponents in the NFL we're facing a team adjacent to ours, ie. an offense that runs to set up the pass. So we'll pretty much be playing a "mirror" game, shutting the run down and forcing Cassel into the pass to win the game (which he has had trouble doing since he lost the luxury of being a Patriot).

But it's a double-edged sword cause they've shown some productive run-stopping themselves (specially on 3rd down situations), so it's also all on Alex Smith to keep his consistency up and 'win' us the game as well.

ya the difference however is that alex at least has the ability to win teh game for us if we are shut down against the run looking at cassels last two games no way they can do that against us i mean we kinda shut down brees (kinda)

i say we take this game unless the cheifs secodary is a lot better than i think it is

on the other hand im kinda excited to see berry

Yeah but they played the Browns and the Chargers, neither of those teams have great OLines. Their secondary is pretty talented but they're young. I want to see the seam pass to VD again. Smith and the OLine need to play well.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

ya the difference however is that alex at least has the ability to win teh game for us if we are shut down against the run looking at cassels last two games no way they can do that against us i mean we kinda shut down brees (kinda)

i say we take this game unless the cheifs secodary is a lot better than i think it is

on the other hand im kinda excited to see berry

first of all our D don't play that well on the road , like they do play @ home , second all of our team don't play as good on the road , so we need to fix that . if they thought that it's loud in Seattle just waite for KC they are twice as loud they need to get their s**t together and i hope we can establish the run early that's our best friend and we should get the rook in there to get some carries /
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Go49erss:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261001012

check that 41-0

Damon Huard>>>>>>>>>>David Carr
We need to blitz early and often!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers -2.5

Chefs +2.5
must win..

if we open up the playbook.. we win 27-13
if we play conservative and vanilla on offense.. we win 20-16
Cassel is going to have beat us and he isn't going to by passing for less than 150 yards a game......get ready to celebrate this Sunday.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers -2.5

Chefs +2.5

Hmm, so we're -5.5 at home vs them. I like that. I'm gonna take us at -2.5 if Bodog has that up still...

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
must win..

I think Alex is gonna audible his butt off like he did during the Saints game. When Al has time to position the line/set protections up properly (and read all the weak spots on the defense) Smith has breathing room to spread the offense a little bit.
I expect Gore to run all over this team. I know it's @ KC but the way that Oline played I was very impressed. This line can only get better as the weeks go on.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
must win..

I think Alex is gonna audible his butt off like he did during the Saints game. When Al has time to position the line/set protections up properly (and read all the weak spots on the defense) Smith has breathing room to spread the offense a little bit.

and thats the beauty of it all. last night showed alex can read defenses and call the right protections, coaching staff just needs to give him a chance and let him be free
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Must Win.
I expect the play calling to have some issues

Maiocco hit the nail on the head, he said that its always easier to call plays at home rather than on the road.

It was a good dry run with the wristband monday night, lets see how good it will be on the road.
Share 49ersWebzone