LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reggie Bush is going to be out for 6 weeks. Thats gonna hurt the Saints.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
they had no timeouts thats why they were going out of bounds, stopping the clock allowed the team to huddle up again to swap out personnel and what have you. That increases their chance to score which is their only objective. they had to score and they did. The D had to stop the Saints and they didn't.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Reggie Bush is going to be out for 6 weeks. Thats gonna hurt the Saints.

Wow, six weeks that is going to be rough for them.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
they had no timeouts thats why they were going out of bounds, stopping the clock allowed the team to huddle up again to swap out personnel and what have you. That increases their chance to score which is their only objective. they had to score and they did. The D had to stop the Saints and they didn't.

That was a perfect 2 min offense.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

That was a perfect 2 min offense.

yes it was
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm still pissed Goldson didn't turn around on that 20 yard play on the winning drive for the Saints. He turns and looks for the ball and it's a pick.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 21, 2010 at 05:17:57 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
I'm still pissed Goldson didn't turn around on that 20 yard play on the winning drive for the Saints.

The little things...there's no point shadowing a WR if you're not playing the ball. Hopefully they figure this out. However, it was a pretty damn good throw.
Originally posted by B650:
I'm still pissed Goldson didn't turn around on that 20 yard play on the winning drive for the Saints.

The little things...there's no point shadowing a WR if you're not playing the ball. Hopefully they figure this out. However, it was a pretty damn good throw.

perfect pitch and catch. Goldson's a safety, coverage is not his strong point. f'it, we move on. great freaking game!!!!!! After last weeks s**tter in Seattle, I was expecting to get blown out by the Saints.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by B650:

perfect pitch and catch. Goldson's a safety, coverage is not his strong point. f'it, we move on. great freaking game!!!!!! After last weeks s**tter in Seattle, I was expecting to get blown out by the Saints.

I got to admit I didn't have much faith in Alex, but he stepped up. Now do it all season and get that contract extension and we don't have to draft a Qb in the first round next year.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 21, 2010 at 05:42:56 ]
one question. Where the f**k was westbrook??? I know Gore was playing like a mad man and Dixon did a good job when called upon, but why not use a weapon like Westbrook from time to time????

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
one question. Where the f**k was westbrook??? I know Gore was playing like a mad man and Dixon did a good job when called upon, but why not use a weapon like Westbrook from time to time????

Westbrook's forte is not running the ball, it's catching passes coming out of the backfield. I think Frank was hot and they stuck with him on passing downs.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 21, 2010 at 05:47:03 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
NFLN is replying the Saints game as an NFL Replay game.
Well guys, you sure did give us a scare last night. I knew that this would be a VERY tough game for us and you guys showed what kind of team you are capable of being. I know that some of the breaks we got sucks for you guys but after years of not getting any breaks it is actually kind of nice to get a few here and there. Good game and thanks for being civil with me, I enjoyed it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaintRob:
Well guys, you sure did give us a scare last night. I knew that this would be a VERY tough game for us and you guys showed what kind of team you are capable of being. I know that some of the breaks we got sucks for you guys but after years of not getting any breaks it is actually kind of nice to get a few here and there. Good game and thanks for being civil with me, I enjoyed it.

See you in the NFC Championship game.
Originally posted by SaintRob:

See you in the NFC Championship game.
Share 49ersWebzone