LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Ron Jaworski comments on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I gotta agree with him. My only concern with Smith is his deep ball. Can he throw it accurately?

I thought that has always been his strong point, correct me if im wrong but i thought the knock on him was his accuracy on the short throws not on the long

It depends which week it is...
Originally posted by 5timers:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I heard it this morning. Sounded like he was being nice. He talked higher of the stinking Raiders! Kev Lynch voiced his concerns. The same damn thing I said.... Chec$$$$$$$$$$$$Alex Smith finished with six incompletions, four coming from dropped passes, one from good coverage on a long pass to Delanie Walker and another on a throw to Ted Ginn Jr. who was out-of-bounds. Smith was fairly accurate, however his receivers drop a lot of passes; he must not throw a catchable ball. Smith also ran right nearly every time there was pressure. He better learn to run left, particularly with a rookie right tackle. Smith hasn't shown the ability to break his habit of running right nor does he seem comfortable pushing the ball deep. The one time he consciously went deep (in the preseason opener) he finished with a passer rating of under 10.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=71213#ixzz0y8DYyuGP
Any of you Smitty's want to argue that? REALITY CHECK NINER FANS. The SMITTY KOOL AID IS TAINTED!!!!!!

a drop is a drop it means that it hit the WR hands and then it fell otherwise it isnt counted as a drop so all drops recorded are accurate

right handed QBs cant run left otherwise the throwing motion would take way too long causing an INT or an incompletion for sure unless the WR is wide open

its hard to throw deep when you have no deep targets the only ones we have is ginn who is being shut down by the number 1 CB on the other team when he had VD and Crabs last year his intermediate passing and deep passing was pretty good (especially his intermediate passing) he simply just doesnt have the wepons right now

Dont feed the troll... Come on, he cited Kevin Lynch as a source. He's also proposing the argument that if a receiver can't catch a ball that's thrown to him it's the QB's fault.

Troll went out 5 years ago. Get a new line. Dropped passes, new O.C, No O-line, Broken shoulder, Coach hates him, No weapons. ALEXCUSES up the booty in here. Lets see the facts. Smith has never thrown for a 300+ game. Never has beaten a top tier team, Always checks down within 5 seconds, always rolls to his right, Accuracy is un watchable, Now I will listen to a guy who actually rights and works with the 49ers. Why would I listen to a guy that thinks Smith is the next coming of Montana? Probably never been to a game, and doesnt even know where Santa Clara is? Oh and still uses the word "Troll". Your a joke. Now back to rolling right. Why cant he,, Oh I dont know, Run up the middle, run to the left? If the recievers arent there, Get some kind of yards. He doesnt have the skills to think in a flash. He is a computer robot. Everything has to be set perfectly for Alex the robot. If it breaks down, his surge protector reads , run right like your Montana throwing to Clark, but throw it away and your safe. I want you guys to tell me,,, What has Smith done to make you believe he is going to be a great qb. And if you arent looking for a great QB dont answer, because you support losers and I do not. No reason to talk. Im done with the waiting on Smith debacle. Get great or get lost! And Im betting the second answer. Until he shows he can win a big game, on HIS shoulders not Gore's Not Nedney's or the Defense. Answer that question.

You should look up the average amount of time a NFL QB has to get rid of the ball, it's less than 5 seconds.

Right is a direction, write is a verb meaning to record something via text.

Your denotes possession. You're is a contraction for you are.

If you're going to insult someone else's intelligence you should probably ensure you have your facts straight and your post isn't consumed with nonsensical opinionated drivel.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I heard it this morning. Sounded like he was being nice. He talked higher of the stinking Raiders! Kev Lynch voiced his concerns. The same damn thing I said.... Chec$$$$$$$$$$$$Alex Smith finished with six incompletions, four coming from dropped passes, one from good coverage on a long pass to Delanie Walker and another on a throw to Ted Ginn Jr. who was out-of-bounds. Smith was fairly accurate, however his receivers drop a lot of passes; he must not throw a catchable ball. Smith also ran right nearly every time there was pressure. He better learn to run left, particularly with a rookie right tackle. Smith hasn't shown the ability to break his habit of running right nor does he seem comfortable pushing the ball deep. The one time he consciously went deep (in the preseason opener) he finished with a passer rating of under 10.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=71213#ixzz0y8DYyuGP
Any of you Smitty's want to argue that? REALITY CHECK NINER FANS. The SMITTY KOOL AID IS TAINTED!!!!!!

a drop is a drop it means that it hit the WR hands and then it fell otherwise it isnt counted as a drop so all drops recorded are accurate

right handed QBs cant run left otherwise the throwing motion would take way too long causing an INT or an incompletion for sure unless the WR is wide open

its hard to throw deep when you have no deep targets the only ones we have is ginn who is being shut down by the number 1 CB on the other team when he had VD and Crabs last year his intermediate passing and deep passing was pretty good (especially his intermediate passing) he simply just doesnt have the wepons right now

Dont feed the troll... Come on, he cited Kevin Lynch as a source. He's also proposing the argument that if a receiver can't catch a ball that's thrown to him it's the QB's fault.

Troll went out 5 years ago. Get a new line. Dropped passes, new O.C, No O-line, Broken shoulder, Coach hates him, No weapons. ALEXCUSES up the booty in here. Lets see the facts. Smith has never thrown for a 300+ game. Never has beaten a top tier team, Always checks down within 5 seconds, always rolls to his right, Accuracy is un watchable, Now I will listen to a guy who actually rights and works with the 49ers. Why would I listen to a guy that thinks Smith is the next coming of Montana? Probably never been to a game, and doesnt even know where Santa Clara is? Oh and still uses the word "Troll". Your a joke. Now back to rolling right. Why cant he,, Oh I dont know, Run up the middle, run to the left? If the recievers arent there, Get some kind of yards. He doesnt have the skills to think in a flash. He is a computer robot. Everything has to be set perfectly for Alex the robot. If it breaks down, his surge protector reads , run right like your Montana throwing to Clark, but throw it away and your safe. I want you guys to tell me,,, What has Smith done to make you believe he is going to be a great qb. And if you arent looking for a great QB dont answer, because you support losers and I do not. No reason to talk. Im done with the waiting on Smith debacle. Get great or get lost! And Im betting the second answer. Until he shows he can win a big game, on HIS shoulders not Gore's Not Nedney's or the Defense. Answer that question.

LOUD NOISES!

But I would like to draw your attention to this lil nugget -

12/6/09 v Seahawks - 27/45 for 2 TDs and 310 yards.

El Link-O

YES... 310 yards, woow--The question is, did we win that game????
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

You are going to post this poorly thought out crap and call someone else a joke? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...welcome to the ACP.

He's right Memphis
and he called Alex "the robot"...
Originally posted by fly15:

LOUD NOISES!

El Link-O

The premise was that he's never had a 300 yard game, not that he has a poor win loss record.

Reading comprehension is an issue around here.

LOUD NOISES!

El Link-O

we wouldve if crabtree and VD didnt drop their TD passes in teh beginning or if delanti didnt drop his in the beginning or if gore didnt fumble but who cares the topic was did he throw 300 yds the answer is yes

LOUD NOISES!

El Link-O

nah, gore and battle both fumbled

oh yea and vernon dropped a pass in the end zone
[ Edited by WestCoast on Aug 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I gotta agree with him. My only concern with Smith is his deep ball. Can he throw it accurately?

in practice we can but in games we have to wait no way ginn can beat a number 1 CB but he should be able to beat those number 3 corners just fine

Where did you get this from? Gynn has beaten #1 cornerbacks since he has been in the league. His issue has been holding on to the ball.

You are going to post this poorly thought out crap and call someone else a joke? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...welcome to the ACP.

He's right Memphis

No, he is not right. Not only is he wrong, but he is ignorant of the facts. You just like what he said because it was a hack at Smith. You ACP guys have to stick together after all, no one else buys you guys bulls**t.

He's right Memphis

No, he is not right. Not only is he wrong, but he is ignorant of the facts. You just like what he said because it was a hack at Smith. You ACP guys have to stick together after all, no one else buys you guys bulls**t.

Memphis, Fly is spinning, as per usual.
Funny, how robotic was Smith when he rolled out and fired a strike to Morgan for a TD on a broken play where Morgan had to adjust his route to get open?
Is that what is robotic about Smith these days? Because if that's what they call robotic, I'm all for Mr. Roboto.

Originally posted by WestCoast:

LOUD NOISES!

El Link-O

I agree with you... F**k Battle make a fumbled cuz he was soo coward! Alex was finally make the 310 yards and didn't win for us..

Hey.. Fly15....I want the question for you.. Do u think, u want to blame to alex for fault that didn't win game for us?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I agree with you... F**k Battle make a fumbled cuz he was soo coward! Alex was finally make the 310 yards and didn't win for us..

Hey.. Fly15....I want the question for you.. Do u think, u want to blame to alex for fault that didn't win game for us?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:

He's right Memphis

Funny, how robotic was Smith when he rolled out and fired a strike to Morgan for a TD on a broken play where Morgan had to adjust his route to get open?
Is that what is robotic about Smith these days? Because if that's what they call robotic, I'm all for Mr. Roboto.

Spinning?? Yeah, in your TWO days..... welcome hater!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

LOUD NOISES!

El Link-O

Originally posted by TheAcpHater:

He's right Memphis

Spinning?? Yeah, in your TWO days..... welcome hater!!

Hard to argue with that.
Share 49ersWebzone