LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

If it comes down to LaBoy or Briggs, Who do we keep?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it comes down to LaBoy or Briggs, Who do we keep?

Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by susweel:
Keep both and trade Lawson before he leaves.

This.

no way lawson is very good against the run we need him lets give haralson away he is bad against the run and laboy and briggs and brooks seem to be just as good if not better against the pass
Keep both, try stash Mitchell and Tukuafu on the PS and only keep six DL.

With Brooks' lacerated kidney and Laboy's injury problems, makes sense to increase our depth at the OLB spot this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

This.

no way lawson is very good against the run we need him lets give haralson away he is bad against the run and laboy and briggs and brooks seem to be just as good if not better against the pass

This, too.
  • titan
  • Veteran

I have a feeling we will end up re-signing Lawson because of a good season.
3-4 teams usually keep about 9 lbs on the roster and at least 8.

Willis
Spikes
Lawson
Parys
Briggs
Laboy
Brooks
Bowman
Wilhelm

All of these guys make the final 53. Its at the ILB positions that we will play thin, not the OLB spot.
I feel we need to keep Laboy. He showed some veteran savvy in his play last night and really got some great pressure. I am excited with the homegrown talent the niners have put together, however that also means we have very little playoff experience. I was thinking... which players on this squad have played in the playoffs, which players have actually won a game in the playoffs. I could only think of Westbrook, Laboy and Lewis. And possibly TKO and Clements
Keep LaBoy and Briggs and trade Harolson.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Youth is cheap, you can get every year, take some experience, keep LaBoy!

Briggs is more experienced in our system

LaBoy is a seasoned vet, we need all the experience we can get, we have a young roster, LaBoy would be a steady hand. Sure Briggs is younger with more upside, but we can't keep waiting for guys to develop. There will be plenty if Briggses, in next years draft and the one after that! I want to win now!

You can certainly win now with Briggs rather than Laboy, its not like we are talking some starters here these guys would be backups for the other OLBs who are seasoned vets. Give me the guy with more upside and isnt as injury Prone as the other

LaBoy has much more of a pass-rushing presence than Briggs. Besides LaBoy played in a Superbowl recently.

He must be a stud then
Both should make it, but Briggs is ahead imo, mainly because LaBoy can't stay healthy.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Two of my favorites during pre season. I would like to keep both, but if we don't I would like to keep Briggs.
Laboy would give us a solid player with a good pass rush, but we know what we have and it will only decline with age.
Briggs is young and he may not be as seasoned as LaBoy, but I am curious to see his potential. Either one I wouldn't be mad, but some suggestion on getting rid of Haralson sounds pretty good, but I don't think he is going anywhere.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
I say LaBoy.

If he turns into a force on the outside, you can resign him for a moderate salary for the next 3-5 years.

And I don't believe in Briggs so much. Let's see what happens in PRESEASON GAME TRES.
Team would be able to do the same with Briggs.....Only difference is they would be sigining an up and coming 24 year old player over a 29 year old who has had concussion problems
Originally posted by titan:
Two of my favorites during pre season. I would like to keep both, but if we don't I would like to keep Briggs.
Laboy would give us a solid player with a good pass rush, but we know what we have and it will only decline with age.
Briggs is young and he may not be as seasoned as LaBoy, but I am curious to see his potential. Either one I wouldn't be mad, but some suggestion on getting rid of Haralson sounds pretty good, but I don't think he is going anywhere.

whats with the hate on haralson...the last 2 seasons hes had 13 sacks for us....tied for best on the team with justin smith
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

This.

now were talking
Briggs. Healthy. No past health issues. Seems to be steadily improving in all areas. Next year he'll be even better. LaBoy also seems more like a one trick sacking pony. Which is good. But Briggs seems like he can do that and other things and is younger. So, yea, I side with Briggs.
LaBriggs FTW
Share 49ersWebzone