LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Who actually likes watching a game at home than at the stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who actually likes watching a game at home than at the stadium?

There is nothing like the energy at the game. You can't begin to image the raw emotion in the stadium the night we played AZ.

If you're smart you go to the stadium and record the game. Now that's best of both worlds....
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Well how bout the one choice that you left out.

I would like to go to the games but since I'm out of area I'm stuck at home.

okay make that two...

I like to watch at the local Pub so I can get microbrews on tap and hit on the splittail at the same time.

Honestly though there are many positives in any of these scenarios.

Home. I can fix whatever I want as a game snack and don't have to pay an inflated price for the grub. I can buy my favorite brews and have them Ice cold and drink as many of them as i want(especially when the occasional stinker game occurs) without worry of getting a DUI and ending up on the police blotter. No lines to the Head, nobody being a Tool behind you get to see IR, get better than average coverage depending on the announcing crew and can be as loud and obnoxious as the neighbors will put up with. If you're like me you cheer just as loud at home as you do when you get to attend.

Games. Tailgating. Nothing like sampling some tailgate grub, you bring your own Brews but you can sample some new labels when your bros show up with something they found on that vacation they took during the odffseason. Great chance to possibly talk to some players and get some autographs especially those people who have field level seating. The food can be pretty good despite the inflated cost, get to check out the hotties cheering on the sidelines more regular than the occasional camera pan. And in most instances get to enjoy the game with the thousands of fans who also showed up. Then on top of that you get bragging rights. The ability to tell your granchilluns that you were at "The Catch" or got to see Montana play or...

~Ceadder

I make it to the Stick for at least one game per year, but I prefer watching the game ten feet away from a bathroom and kitchen.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Well how bout the one choice that you left out.

I would like to go to the games but since I'm out of area I'm stuck at home.

okay make that two...

I like to watch at the local Pub so I can get microbrews on tap and hit on the splittail at the same time.

Honestly though there are many positives in any of these scenarios.

Home. I can fix whatever I want as a game snack and don't have to pay an inflated price for the grub. I can buy my favorite brews and have them Ice cold and drink as many of them as i want(especially when the occasional stinker game occurs) without worry of getting a DUI and ending up on the police blotter. No lines to the Head, nobody being a Tool behind you get to see IR, get better than average coverage depending on the announcing crew and can be as loud and obnoxious as the neighbors will put up with. If you're like me you cheer just as loud at home as you do when you get to attend.

Games. Tailgating. Nothing like sampling some tailgate grub, you bring your own Brews but you can sample some new labels when your bros show up with something they found on that vacation they took during the odffseason. Great chance to possibly talk to some players and get some autographs especially those people who have field level seating. The food can be pretty good despite the inflated cost, get to check out the hotties cheering on the sidelines more regular than the occasional camera pan. And in most instances get to enjoy the game with the thousands of fans who also showed up. Then on top of that you get bragging rights. The ability to tell your granchilluns that you were at "The Catch" or got to see Montana play or...

~Ceadder

Now those tix a 4x that at least.

But man that's cool. Only got to see our guys in the Post Season once and had to help the elderly folk find their seats before the game. So no proof other than Troop number. But I saw Joe and our guys take apart the Fins at Stanford.

~Ceadder
i like watching niner games no matter where it is. i loved having season tickets, and i love watching them at home. but if i could still afford it, i would have season tix again. there's a lot of "luxuries" you can have in your own home, but going to the game makes the entire day an experience. i loved my Home Game rituals of getting nice and drunk in the morning and then "sobering up" while on the MUNI before getting a sandwich and a giant beer at Piccolo Pete's, and getting drunk again while walking to the stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone