LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

AUBRAYO to sign tender soon!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
thanks for showing up, now lets trade him for a second rounder
Originally posted by baltien:
What a waste. And I don't know who's dumber here-- His agent for suggesting he hold out, or him actually agreeing to do it. Dude, show and prove and YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY. The Niners actually have an OUTSTANDING record when it comes to awarding and retaining their own free agents.

No reason why Franklin would be an exception here. He has to know they want to keep him (as evidenced by Patrick Willis publicly campaigning for him), they just (like any other team would) want to make sure that last year wasn't a fluke, and that he won't go all Albert Haynesworth once gets his money.

And what's the worst case scenario here? The Niners don't retain him and he signs for big bucks elsewhere. EITHER WAY, HE GETS PAID.

Franklin could learn a lot from how VD handled his contract status. He didn't make it an issue. AT ALL. He simply said "I'm sure something will get done," and then he went on his way. He still showed up to practice, and participated in all the other team activities as well. No fuss.

We need more of that in the league.

Aubrayo did what is right for him. He knows that he has to play well again this year, so why risk injury during training camp?

If he were to get hurt he could forgot about his payday. Now all he has to worry about his playing well in the regular season and stayig healthy during the regualr season
What a waste. And I don't know who's dumber here-- His agent for suggesting he hold out, or him actually agreeing to do it. Dude, show and prove and YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY. The Niners actually have an OUTSTANDING record when it comes to awarding and retaining their own free agents.

No reason why Franklin would be an exception here. He has to know they want to keep him (as evidenced by Patrick Willis publicly campaigning for him), they just (like any other team would) want to make sure that last year wasn't a fluke, and that he won't go all Albert Haynesworth once gets his money.

And what's the worst case scenario here? The Niners don't retain him and he signs for big bucks elsewhere. EITHER WAY, HE GETS PAID.

Franklin could learn a lot from how VD handled his contract status. He didn't make it an issue. AT ALL. He simply said "I'm sure something will get done," and then he went on his way. He still showed up to practice, and participated in all the other team activities as well. No fuss.

Point taken.

But VD didn't have a Rickey Jean Francois behind him just chomping at the bit for opportunity.

Francois has played exceedingly well this preseason. And when your backup plays well -- it makes it a lot tougher.

He should have showed up for camp.

I agree with you on some levels but you have to realize the NFL definitely stands for not for long and at any moment you can get injured and ruin your career. NFL players and their agents are not stupid .. why risk training camp and end up like Heitmann in your contract year .. its all about guaranteed dollars and security. The 49ers have something to do with this also they couldve resigned the man if they wanted him that badly. Aubrayo has done no wrong in my eyes so long as he comes in top condition. $7 million is alot of money so we all knew he would eventually sign. No biggie. The plus is that RJF appears ready to ball if Franklin leaves next year.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Point taken.

But VD didn't have a Rickey Jean Francois behind him just chomping at the bit for opportunity.

Francois has played exceedingly well this preseason. And when your backup plays well -- it makes it a lot tougher.

He should have showed up for camp.

But Aubrayo wants the big money contract for an NT, which he will get if he's healthy. It has worked out great for the Niners, who now have a man in waiting when he signs a new contract with another team. And they didn't have to waste their time and money on a B***H like Haynesworth.
The missing link is here.

Defense is going to be sick..........
Aubrayo will sign Saturday.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/22208630200
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5501162
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I think Aubrayo has overplayed his hand. He might not have a starting spot to come back to if he doesn't come back soon.

He will start, but even if he doesn't he's still coming back to a $7 million dollar payday. Not bad for 3 1/2 - 4 months of work.

is there even any proof that he is coming back or is all assumption?

He'd be an idiot to pass on 7 mil and sit out the year. Who, in their right mind, would pay big bucks for an older nose who's been out a year, esp long-term? The only sensible scenariuo is to play out his franchise year and kick a$$ enough that the 9'ers give him a good deal or he impresses another team enough to do so.

Franklin could also seek a trade to a team that is willing to pay him.

His agent came out and said a couple weeks ago that this is a non-issue, there is no holdout and the Niners have showed no worries with Franklin which indicates that this isn't an issue.

Pretty sure Sing is close enough to the guys that if one were to hold out or seek a trade he would know of it. It's not like his teammates haven't talked to him at all this off season. If he was threatening to make it an issue, a teammate would speak up to the coach because it would affect the entire team and we are in a win now situation, so there would be back up plans forming. But again there aren't so it's not an issue.

I think Justin Smith spilled the beans on when he is coming back, he said Franklin would only need 4 days, so expect him to sign on Monday would be my guess.

Close enough
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
thanks for showing up, now lets trade him for a second rounder

schefter is on f**king point

Originally posted by ads_2006:
schefter is on f**king point

Love the pick up by ESPN. The best part is that he s**t all over NFLN when he went live on ESPN the first time. He was like "this is by far the best network I've ever worked for." Puuunked.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Adam_Schefter

49ers franchise DT Aubrayo Franklin, who has missed all of camp, will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.

Skinny_Post

NFL Net's Schefter reports that Aubrayo Franklin will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.

Very cool
I hope ABF sits the year out.

Holdout players RARELY go the distance after a holdout that takes them past Camp. Regardless of the work they put in the weight room during the holdout. Strength and conditioning suffers and they don't make it but a few weeks only to get a season ender and they're lost to their team anyway.

I know it leaves us extremely THIN at NT, but I think that could be a good thing cause I would slide Icebox back over and install LaBoy to LE. Problem solved until injury.

Holdouts suck for everybody.

~Ceadder
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Holdout players RARELY go the distance after a holdout that takes them past Camp. Regardless of the work they put in the weight room during the holdout. Strength and conditioning suffers and they don't make it but a few weeks only to get a season ender and they're lost to their team anyway.

I know it leaves us extremely THIN at NT, but I think that could be a good thing cause I would slide Icebox back over and install LaBoy to LE. Problem solved until injury.

~Ceadder

LaBoy at end in a 3-4 at 250 pounds? I don't think so.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

It's still a contract year for Franklin and I expect a contract year effort.
Share 49ersWebzone